Thursday 10 July 2008

Summer Break

Hi everyone.

 

This shall be the last post from me for two weeks.  I am going on a summer break with my family to Ibiza, Spain.  We are staying on the island of Playa D’en Bossa again.  You may remember we went there last year for a week, but this time we are staying at a different hotel. 

 

I cannot wait to escape from this miserable weather we have been getting!  The only thing I am not looking forward to is the early morning flight.  Although, it is not so bad on the return journey because you can have your breakfast and off you go back to the airport.

 

What else have I been up to?  Oh yes!  I have had new glasses.  These are ones that I can wear in and out of doors.  The lenses go darker in sunlight.  I think it will behandy to take one pair on holidays rather than two, and then I won’t be at risk to losing them.

 

I have also had a new manual wheelchair, which I use for long distance journeys.  I had been waiting eighteen months (a long time) for it.  I can’t tell you how happy I was this morning to finally get it.

 

Also, Katie has written a letter of complaint to the limo company that took us to the Ball on behalf of us all.  We hope to get a refund of £21.25 each and compensation of £40.  I would be quite happy just to have the deposit we paid.  I shall let you know any further developments when I get back from Ibiza.

 

Take care J-Land.  Until I return…

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad you got the manual w/c, I'd like to get one too, as my power chair is impossible to transport unless there's a carrier on the car, & I don't have one. So, I end up only going places that have elect w/c's I can borrow while shopping. :(
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))))))I hope you have fun on your vaction and a safe one and a safe return home.I am gld yu gt new glasses and a new wheel chair.I hope you will get some money back from the lemo.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time and takes lots of pictures!
Missie