Wednesday 14 May 2008

Sunny Days Are Here Again!

Hello again.  It has been a while.  How are we all doing?

 

What lovely weather we have been having in Wales this month.  I have been making the most of the sunny weather by sitting out in the garden while revising, instead of inside.  My mum has been sunbathing out in the garden in the afternoons.  Why not? LOL!

 

My parents and I had a lovely time in Tenby earlier this month.  We stayed at a caravan site called Kiln Park.  For the last five years, Mum has always tried to book a holiday there, but the park had no vacancies.  So you can imagine how excited she was when we got there.

 

The weather was warm and sunny.  We only had light showers of rain on the Sunday afternoon, so we were very lucky.  The warm weather meant we could go for strolls into the town and nearby haunts.  The food was really nice as well, LOL!  Uncle Robert and his girlfriend came down and gate-crashed our caravan for a night.  Not that we minded, of course.  It was nice playing host. 

 

Where there, I visited a bookstore and bought the new novel in the “Alex Rider” series by Anthony Horowitz.  I shall enjoy reading that while on holiday!  I also bought “About a Boy” by Nick Hornby.  I thought that was a very good read.  I remember seeing the movie adaptation years ago, starring Hugh Grant.  It was so different to the novel!  The director cut a lot of scenes from the book. Don’t ya just hate it when that happens?

 

Last Sunday, it was my father’s birthday.  The night before, we had a barbeque to celebrate out the garden.  It was a great night.  We had burgers, hot dogs, kebabs and salad to eat.  Later on the sky turned red.  You know what they say:  “Red sky tonight, a shepherd’s delight”!

 

I have an exam on Friday.  I’m re-sitting the AS William Shakespeare module that I did last year.  I’m so nervous.  I have been revising like crazy over the last few weeks and I’m terrified that I don’t know anything!  No Leigh, you must think positive. 

 

I’ve bought myself some ‘Just Drops’ from a local herbal shop.  All you do is squeeze four drops onto your tongue or into a glass of water.  Then, the drops with help through stressful situations like an interview, an exam or a driving test.  Let’s hope they do the trick on Friday morning.  Keep your fingers crossed please, J-Land!

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, but I know you'll do a terrific job.
Missie

Anonymous said...

It's nice to hear from you again!  Good luck with everything!

~Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Loved your pictures Leigh ~ happy belated Birthday wishes to your Dad ~ and I wish you well with your forthcoming exam ~ The weather here has been lovely as well although light showers are forecast for today ~ but then we can do with a little rain ~ the grass is turning brown ~ Ally