Thursday 1 May 2008

First of May (What's Left of It)

Hi everyone.

 

Today is the 1st May, and the day of local elections in Wales.  I was so excited when I woke up this morning when I realised I could vote for the first time!  Woo hoo!  I would say who I voted for because that’s private (in my opinion).  But, I felt really empowered, like my voice is finally being heard.  Did you remember to vote?

 

It seems my laptop has broken again.  It’s the same problem as before.  I knocked it off on Monday night and wanted to do some work on it last night.  But it wouldn’t come on.  Dad and his friend Simon are scouring the net for a new charger.  If I wanted one the same make as my laptop, which is Packard Bell, it would cost £99.  That’s a ridiculous price if you ask me!

 

Other news, I had a C-grade in my English Literature coursework this year.  18 out of 25,   I was a little surprised I must say.  Even though it is a pass, I was hoping for a B grade at least.  Oh well, we can’t have it all, can we?  We humans always appear to want what we can’t have!

 

This Bank Holiday weekend my parents and I are going to a seaside resort called Tenby in West Wales.  I’m looking forward to the break before examinations begin on the 16th.  I’ve been to Tenby a few times, but not over recent years.  I’ve got my camera all packed, I promise to take lots of pictures if I can.

 

Have a good weekend.

 

Leigh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's not your charger.  Maybe your laptop is shorting out and shorting out the charger?????
Missie

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))have a fun time on your vaction.

Anonymous said...

We were one of those odd areas that did not have to vote.  Daughter did and she is only about six miles away but not us so at least whatever comes of it we are not to blame lol.  Never been to Tenby but have heard it is very beautiful with good sands.  Have fun and hope the weather holds for you.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I'm the same as Jeanette, we did not have to vote either. My husband has been to Tenby and he also says it is very beautiful.
We are also on the move in an hour or so.  Off to Pwllheli till Monday.  Working holiday though!!!
Congrats on your grades.  A pass is a pass!!!
Hope you have a lovely break.  Can't wait to see photos.
Take care Leigh.
Hugs
Carolxx