Thursday 7 August 2008

Music, Movie & A Meal!

First of all, I must apologise for the numerous e-mails I sent out to people regarding my last post.  I assumed that because I had received no Alerts no-one had commented.  Then, I checked on Monday evening when the Alerts were working and lo and behold, people had.  I was so happy to have 7 comments!

 

This time next week, I will have the results of the A-Level examinations I sat in May and June.  This time next week we shall know whether or not I am going to University.  OMG!  Leigh… you must think positive now.

 

Last week, my Nan and I went to see the new movie version of “Mamma Mia!”  It was hilarious from start to finish.  Julie Walters is legendary and Meryl Streep is surprisingly good at singing.  The songs by ABBA just want to make to get up and join in… and people did!

 

I am now teaching Chantelle (the little girl Mum child minds) some songs that appear in he movie.  Singing with her takes me back to when I was younger, I think I was about 9 or 10, when I would sing ABBA tracks and make up little dance routines to go with them.  It’s slightly embarrassing now, LOL!

 

Today is my Uncle Robert’s Birthday!  Later, we are going out for a meal to celebrate, so I must go and get ready now. 

 

Until next time…

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your results Leigh.  Sounds like a good movie. Good for you for teaching Chantelle some songs.  Have a good dinner and please stop by when you have the time. I have missed your comments lately.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Hi Hope your results are what you need to get into uni.  I too am a big Abba fan love their music. Love JOan.

Anonymous said...

Leigh I do hope your Exam results will be exactly what you want them to be ~ havn't seen Mamma Mia yet but am looking forward to it ~ I love their Music ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))I hope your exams come out good.I know what you mean about trying to think posative.I havent seen th movie yet,maybe I will get it when it comes out.I want to see the Sisterhood part 2,Boyfriend said He was putting His foot down on that one.LOL.He is good,Hes seen alot of girly movies with me.HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your Uncel.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll be happy about your exam results!  Enjoy the weekend coming up.
Missie