Saturday 2 August 2008

A Postcard from Ibiza

Dear J-Land members,

 

Hope things are well with you.  Have you missed me while I’ve been away?

 

The weather is lovely here in Playa D’En Bossa, Ibiza.  Some mornings have been cloudy, but fine.  It did rain one afternoon for about an hour, but it didn’t deter people at all – they just carried on without a care in the world.

 

The apartment is small and compact.  There is no T.V, but I’m sure I’ll find other things to do.  We have a very noisy air conditioning system in the room.  It keeps the room cool, but the noise from the machine and Dad’s snoring are a bad combination!

 

On the first Wednesday, we visited the Hippy Market in the town of Es Cana.  We took a boat ride over and passed through Figeueratus and Cala Longa.  The market is very popular with the Spanish and tourists alike.  I had never seen so many people about.  I felt like we were packed in like sardines!

 

Afterwards, we met up with Dad’s friend and his wife who are staying in Es Cana and went for a meal.  The return boat ride was much calmer and we were also given a free cup of sangria to enjoy.  It was “a nice treat”, Mum says.

 

We visited the nearby town Figeuratus, which is  rumoured to be the Gay capital of Ibiza.  My first impression was not a good one as the buildings looked terribly old fashioned.  However, we had a lovely meal in a Spanish restaurant in the town.

 

We have taken part in many quizzes throughout the holiday.  There were three times where we were in a tie-break situation.  On the last night, we actually won the quiz and a bottle of champagne.  Then, mum decided to have a go at the Bingo – and she won 55 Euros!  Couldn’t believe it!

 

Lots of love,

 

Leigh

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The photos are lovely Leigh.  The place looks so nice with the plants and all.  Sounds like you had a great time.  Yes, we did miss you.  I missed not visiting your journal and you not visiting mine lol.  Yes, alerts are down and I am so mad because I reported it yesterday when it was still afternoon in the U.S. but nothing has been done and now it is the weekend................ thankfully I have that new gizmo on the sidebar that tells me that people have posted.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great holiday weather looks fab. great pictures. Love Joan.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/en

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))I am glad you all had a nice time.I love the pics.

Anonymous said...

I already commented on this Leigh so not sure why you sent me an email with you link in reply to the one I sent you telling you that I had posted today.

Anonymous said...

As you know, alerts have not been working.  I didn't get an alert for this entry.  Sorry about that.  I'm glad you're having a good time.
Missie

Anonymous said...

oooh im so jealous,I hope youve had a great time xx zoe
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/domestic-chaos/

Anonymous said...

lol @ you feeling the need to take not one, but two, pictures of the bidet.
And you look so different! Much older... bet those Spain gals are all over ya ;-)

Hope you're having a nice trip, don't do anything I wouldn't do!

Morgan
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Lovely, Leigh; I almost feel I've been there.
Bunny xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh, congrats on being one of Guest Editor Jeannette's 'picks'.
I have come here on her recommendatin and it was nice to see all those pics of Ibiza.  Reminded me of my many holidays to Spain & Majorca in the 1960's.
will come back again soon
take care
Freda
http://journals.aol.co.uk/frdbrow7/FredasDiaries/
http://journals.aol.co.uk/frdbrow7/now-im-retired.......--d/