Friday 13 April 2007

Friday the 13th

Friday the Thirteenth

 

The belief that Friday 13th is an especially unlucky day is one of the widest-known superstitions in Britain today, and is erroneously assumed to be of great antiquity. The notion that thirteen is a generally unlucky number has not been found earlier than 1852, and although Fridays have been regarded as unlucky since medieval times, it is quite certain that the fear of Friday 13th is a Victorian invention. The first definite reference to Friday 13th is from 1913…

 

 

I have been rather busy these last few days.  On Wednesday, I was called into school for a few extra English lessons.  My teacher was really worried that we may not cover all the work before the examination in two months.  We spent four hours talking about character assessment, and the importance of social occasions within Jane Austen’s novels.

 

 

Then Margaret, my care worker visited.  I have not seen her for a while as she was allocated a work placement, working alongside a social worker.  We spent the afternoon cooking.  I made homemade meatballs with fresh tomato sauce, followed by fresh fruit salad with jelly and custard.  Yummy!!

 

 

I don’t know when I will be able to write another entry.  I have been having yet more trouble with my Internet connection.  The same problem I’ve mentioned previously.  Sometimes I can sign on, sometimes I can’t, it’s very temperamental and it’s annoying!!

 

 

 

I have been on the phone to AOL, who said my broadband connection and phone line are fine.  The problem is either caused by my wireless router or Sky box.  I don’t understand why this is happening now and so frequently.  It was working fine until two weeks ago.  I just don’t understand it!!

 

 

I hope you are all well, and (disregarding the date) have a wonderful day.

 

Until the next post,

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found the your ? ?  ? first paragraph in a book I have about superstitions,I changed the wording around abit ,so I know where you coppyed it from lol ....Jan

Anonymous said...

De ja vu hit me when I read the first paragraph lol read the same on serendipity this morning. Have you tried reloading the driver for your modem I had to do that a few weeks ago due to the same problem.
Debbie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/drb1064/whatever

Anonymous said...

I am afraid I read the first half of you posting in Jans blog today Leigh.Strange as it may seem.

Aol told a friend of mine they had to go to control panel and change or remove programs,uninstall aol connectivity services. then re-install and it takes about 2-3hrs.Don't know if this will help you or not.He was having the same problems you discribe,and he has a router.havn't heard if it helped as yet though.But he was sent an e. mail from technical live help with this in to follow.I was disscussing this with this person last week on the phone.i had a little problem this week with the same but ok now thank goodness.Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))I am sorry your still having some trouble with aol.I know,it can be a bummer.I hope it all gets worked out soon.Have a nice weekend.