Wednesday 11 April 2007

One Year in J ~ Land

  Today is the first anniversary of my journal “Leigh’s World”.  I began writing on 11th April 2006.  Can you believe it?  I have written 140 entries in one whole year!  I used to read Jeannette’s journal and others on her sidebar, in amazement and wonder how you could all write so much.  I wanted to start one much earlier but I was put off because I thought I was a normal, everyday person who didn’t do much in life and no-one would be interested.

 

  But then Lesley, a family friend suggested I write for the school newspaper but I didn’t see the point as then I wanted to go to college.  I knew I had to let the creativity flow somehow, and blogging seemed a good idea to set the world to rights!

 

  The hardest thing was taking the first step and writing that introductory entry.  But I’m glad I did because I have made so many friends from J-Land, and we often keep in touch through e-mail and I.M.  Thank you to all those who read my journal and comment on it! I am so grateful for your continuous help, support and encouragement throughout this last year, which has given me the confidence to carry on with my journal writing.  I remember after my first post I got TWENTY-THREE alerts!  I couldn't believe it!

 

  When I first started writing entries I didn’t expect anyone to read them, never mind comment on them.  It makes me want to write more and more!  My Nan thinks it’s great because it improves my use of English, and mum & dad are pleased as journal writing keeps me occupied.  Mum has even taken inspiration from me to write her own blog, “Diamonds Are for Heather”.

 

I was going through a lot of problems when I began posting.  Seeing them written down helped me take stock of situations and re-evaluate my life.  It helped me find solutions to problems too, and has made me into the stronger person which I am today.

 

Thank you all for reading… Here’s to another year in J-land!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 1 year anniversary in JLand.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))Happy 1 year birthday.Have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

Well done (CLAP CLAP) Leigh.How time goes by so quickly, it will be my first Anniversary too shortly. I just cannot believe same.Take Care God Bless (Kath)
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Leigh it dosn't seem possible you have had your journal going for 1 whole year ~ hasn't the time just flown past ~ I loved this entry shows how far you have come with your writing ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Hey Leigh !!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your first anniversary of your journal "Leigh's World". Its nice having you here. I am sure glad you started a journal here at J-Land. I'm sure you do quite well on the school newspaper. Its always nice to come and read about what you have been doing. I am a fan of your journal. Here's to many many many many many many many more years at J-Land.

Keep writing !!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Seemed to have lost you but I have found you again and cannot believe its a year since your started, well don.  LOve Joan.