Saturday 19 April 2008

A Busy Few Months Ahead

I have not been up to much since I last posted an entry here.  I have been busy with coursework deadlines and revision for examination.  I’ll admit I have not done much revision yet, as I’d like to get the coursework out of the way first.  One essay for English and one portfolio are due in on Thursday to be marked.  So, they are my priority at the moment.

 

Do you remember the Health & Social Care exam I wanted to re-sit?  My teacher said the Examinations Officer didn’t put my name forward for it in June.  Phew, that’s such a relief.  So much pressure’s off my shoulders now.  I can just revise one subject, English.  I did so well in last year’s AS exams (2 B’s and a D for the English modules), it would be a shame for my grades to slip.

 

Oh, I have applied to a local university called the University of Glamorgan to study a degree in English Studies.  I have been given a conditional offer to go there if I achieve a B in English Literature, a C grade (or above) in Health & Social Care and must get a minimum of 220 points from the Welsh Baccalaureate.

 

I have decided to study English because it has always been a favourite subject of mine.  Plus, I have no idea what sort of career I'd like to persue.  A degree in English would open the door to many avenues for me to explore.

 

I’ve also received a phone call from PC World last week.  They cannot fix my laptop.  “Why?” I ask.  It has taken them two weeks to look at my laptop, but the technicians were away (Pfft… excuses).  They also said my laptop would come on but then would knock itself off.”  That’s what I told them in the beginning, and that’s why I gave it to them to be fixed! 

 

Its official – (excuse my French)

PC WORLD EMPLOYEES ARE FARTS!

 

I’m getting a second opinion from my Dad’s friend, Simon.  If he can’t fix it, I will accept what PC World has said.  However, my parents have decided to buy me a new laptop for University.  I’d like my new one to be small and lightweight, a complete opposite to the one I have now.

 

Also next week, I have an interview with the Griffin Mill panel on Wednesday (23rd).  Keep your fingers crossed for me, readers.  In preparation for this, send me any questions you'd like to know about me, and I'll answer them as honestly as I can.

 

Have a good Saturday.

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you can get your laptop fixed meantime till you get your new one we have had a dreadful time this past two week with both ours and have been sorting things out all afternoon and reloading AOL so hope we are back online now.  Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Hope you manage to get all that coursework finished ~ Hope the second opinion on your lap top is better that what PC World did for you ~ will be nice for you getting a new lap top before going to University ~ Ally x