Sunday 27 April 2008

Another Sunday

Gosh I can’t believe that this is only my fourth post this month.  My my, where does the time go?  I have noticed I have not been getting many Alerts this month.  J-Land appears to be quiet at this time of the year.  Things always appear to quieten down after winter.  Perhaps it’s because there is nice weather outside.

 

My interview with the Griffin Mill panel went okay.  I was quite surprised actually, because they turned up unannounced on Monday afternoon, rather than Wednesday.  I wasn’t prepared at all.  I turned into a stuttering wreck!  It only lasted twenty minutes.  I was glad really because it was nearly home time, and I had to catch my taxi.

 

Simon (Dad’s friend) has managed to fix my laptop for the time being.  I am actually typing on it now.  It appeared that a bit of the charger had melted away.  As a consequence, the inside of the laptop had become overheated.  I have to be very careful from now on.  If the connector gets hot,I must take it out and let it cool.  The only problem is that the battery doesn’t last very long now.

 

Tonight, I am looking forward to the period drama on BBC1 called Jane Austen Regrets.  The programme is based on letters she wrote in her latter life to her niece, Fanny.  They reflect on her earlier life, and why she never found her own Mr. Darcy.  It sounds quite interesting.  Some readers may remember I studied one of her novels last year at school called Emma.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you got your computer fixed Leigh.  Lots of people are cutting down on the amount  of entries they do.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

What good weather is this Leigh can you remind me what the sun looks like. It is quiet on journals just now think everybody is taking a rest have updated today Monday.  Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((HUGSTOOU)))))))))))))))Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear from you.  Have a good week.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Leigh glad you got your Laptop mended ~ glad the interview went well ~ I meant to watch "Jane Austen Regrets" but completely forgot it was on ~ hopefully they will bring it back again ~ Ally