Friday 28 April 2006

Better Late Than Never

     

Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe ~ what a partnership lol!     

Hello everyone!

I must apologise for the late posting of this entry. This fourth entry was meant to be posted on Sunday evening but my computer crashed and I lost all of the work. As my dad says computers can be wonderful things but when things go wrong they can be devils!

   

Started back to school on Monday. We have three weeks left in school and then I will only go in to sit my examinations - twelve of them in total. The Easter fortnight lasted only two weeks but it seemed much longer! It was nice to see all my friends, teachers and helpers once again. We had a lot to catch up on!

I had some good news on Tuesday. My Child Development coursework had been marked and moderated over the Easter period so I was anxious to get the grade. Reluctantly she gave out the grades and I had a A star!

When Mrs. Smith called out my grade I said "Pardon?" I thought I'd mis-heard her, As you can imagine, I was speechless. I couldn't believe it. The news hasn't sunk in yet. All those late nights paid off - I had done it!

In September I hope to go to college and enrole in a Childcare course. So now getting that grade has put me in good stead. I had my interview with the college in February but haven't heard anything from them since, maybe I should give them a ring and chase it up. When I am older I would like to become a Primary or Special Needs teacher. I would like to be a Special Needs teacher because I would understand the people more as I have a condition myself.

As you all know I am a member of the Viva! Council 'We Have A Voice'. We have all worked hard creating 'The Viva! News' and it is coming along great. Also we are currently revamping the charity's website. Just want to say a big 'Hello' and 'Well Done' to Nichola, Phil, Sara and All Council Members.

I am also a member of the Rhondda Youth Forum. There are approximately 25 members who represent different youth clubs/charities. Myself and Gareth represent the Viva! Project and its council.

Last week, our third annual monthly monthly meeting took place. We met the local Mayor of Rhondda Cynon Taff for an arranged Question and Answer session. Councillor Jenkins has nearly reached the end of his term as Mayor. I thought he answered our questions very truthfully and honestly. I was nervous at the start because he is an important figure around this area but he made us all feel very welcome and we relaxed. We were given a cup each and Phil was given a smart, red and blue tie. Very dapper lol!

Tomorrow evening my Nan & I are going to the theatre to see 'The Rat Pack Live From Las Vegas'. We are both looking forward to the show. I have been practising some of their songs all week to be able to sing along and for Christmas I had a DVD of their Las Vegas concert from Mum and Dad.

 

L-R Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr and Frank Sinatra ~ alias the Rat Pack!

I like lots of different types of music but Easy Listening is one of my favourite genres. There seems to be more of a story attached to the song and the singers have clear voices so you can actually understand the words.

O.K. readers that's all for now. I will be back on Monday with a new installment. Hope you all have a good weekend.

Take care,

Love Leigh xxxx

Postscript (Saturday)

I thought the Rat Pack show 'Live from Las Vegas' was brilliant! It was very funny and they sang most of my favourite tracks from the Swing era.

My nan enjoyed it too. Her brother John was taken into hospital yesterday afternoon with a suspected chest infection. This has been the second time he has been ill this month. He is still undergoing tests, so the performance took her mind off worrying. I will report back when we have news of my Uncle's progress.

Nan had recently been attending line dancing classes with her friend Margret. She thought the exercise would 'be good for her hips'. She has decided to quit the classes because of other commitments.

I would also like to say 'Happy Birthday' to my friend Christine! Hope you have a great day tomorrow and don't get too drunk on the vodka lol! Relax and spoil yourself ~ you deserve it! xxxx

Also a big thank you to Ally for the animations link, I will be up for hours trawling through pages of graphics for my next blog entry lol! Ally also discovered a link to a very addictive game, which I'd like to share: Maze (go on have a go ~ I dare you!)

     

Comedy greats ~ L-R: Charlie Chaplin and double act Laurel and Hardy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great entry ,Very well done getting an A your dads right about computers ,if they go wrong they certainly keep us guessing .......Jan xx.

Anonymous said...

heya Leigh!...
     Oops!...guess who just fell asleep on my bed!! see what happens when u have a holiday and get used to all this lazing around lol... great news on ur grades... wel done fella ((hugs))....just think ..by the time ur qualified i shall be entering my "second childhood" stage and u'll be all qualified to come and look after me !! lol... good to see another entry .. finally ... will chat soon mr leigh ..be good and stay safe ..
             Shaun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the A! WOO HOO!!! ;0)
Have a great wkend!
Hugs, SUGAR

Anonymous said...

Well done on the A*, you must be pleased as punch. Good luck with the career choice too

Anonymous said...

Leigh congratulations on your A* Grade all those late nights certainly have paid off ~ you really do deserve that grade ~ and I can think of no one better suited to become a Primary or Special Needs teacher as I know you would understand because of your own experience ~ Take care ~Ally

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh :-) Thanks for visiting my journal and your lovely comments! Glad you've got your computer sorted out now ~ I feel lost if mine crashes lol......and I see congratulations are in order ~ an A !!!!! ~ well done, you must be very proud of yourself :-)  My daughter Kaylee has helpers at school, and has special needs herself ~ she is deaf, so I wish you lots of luck with getting into college for your Childcare Course ~ keep us posted ! Your journal is lovely and colourful, with great graphics ~ I have put you on alerts so I don't miss anything ! :-)
Have a lovely weekend :-)
love n hugs Debbie ~xxx~
http://journals.aol.com/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

Well done on your A.  Hard work always pays off in the end. Hope you hear from the college soon.  Maybe you are right and you need to chase them up.  I hope your achieve your ambitions regarding your career, such a worthwhile job.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I hope your computer problems are solved.    Best wishes on your college admission.   mark

Anonymous said...

Ah Leigh, sorry for not commenting earlier, but my alert for you did not come up last time! Have re done it though, so hopefully it will happen next time you place an entry!!! Good to hear you enjoyed the show and well done you for getting your A star!!! luv Joan
http://journals.aol.co.uk/aniracj/StrannyDayze/
http://journals.aol.co.uk/aniracj/TheBandAyleysComet/