Friday 14 April 2006

Easter holidays!

First of all I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all readers a "Happy Easter". Thank you also to those who sent me wonderful Easter e-cards.

Special thank you to Jeanette and Sugar for the links. I was up for ages last night browsing through pages of animations. xxx 

On Wednesday it was the first time I saw my lovely god-daughter Eloise since Christmas. She is 8 years old now and I was amazed at how tall she's grown.

She loves listening to music, singing (like me!) and dancing. She can also play the guitar and piano. She attends Stagecoach workshops on Saturdays with her mum. When she was younger she used to be a shy little girl, I feel these workshops have made her a more confident and out-going character. Also like all girls she loves clothes, shoes and accessories!

I am a member of the Viva! forum called "We Have A Voice!". Each Thursday evening, 7 members (including myself and three staff) discuss how to improve the service and our community. Currently we are trying to produce a newsletter and website. I will let you know when it's all up and running so you can take a look!

Last night Viva! held a presentation evening in the Y.M.C.A to raise awareness of the charity and the services which they provide.

I was surprised by the number of parents in the audience. All forum members had to attend. My mum, my nan and her friend came along to support me. My nan and her friend June were hoping there might be bingo going on, they'd even brought their lucky dabbers!

I was told I might have to give a speech about the Viva! forum, but I didn't have to thank goodness! I get stage fright, you see. Tell you all about the stage fright another time.

Last Thursday (7th April), I went on a school trip to watch a production of Willy Russell's 'Blood Brothers' at the New Theatre.

What a coincidence this production is on tour now as I am studying it in GCSE Drama. I am also studying the set text 'A View From The Bridge' by Arthur Miller and 'Walking With Shadows' by Ben Myers.

I really enjoyed the show but from where I was sitting in the Upper Circle, things were a bit blurry (shortsighted) and I'm terrified of heights! I thought I was going to fall frontwards. I mentioned it to a teacher who replied "It's all in the head, love!" lol!

For most of the second half I was enjoying the production so much I forgot how high up I was. When it came to the end I was having movements in my arm and I was so stiff I couldn't wait to get out. I can't sit down for long periods. Despite it's problems I did enjoy the show lol, it was funny!

For my Easter treat, Nan is taking me to watch 'The Rat Pack Live In Las Vegas" at the end of this month, and Nan also wants to go and watch 'Buddy' in May. I'm so excited I can't wait! 'The Buddy Holly Story' is on tonight at 12a.m. on BBC2.

One thing I'd love to do is to travel up to London and watch a show. Did anyone see the show on BBC1 a few months ago: 'The Sound of Musicals' where a group of celebrities and well-known West End stars who sing songs from well-known West End productions. It was amazing! What a difference a live orchestra makes to a show.

Another two shows I like are 'Strictly Come Dancing' (celebrities are paired up with a proffessional dancer) and 'Strictly Dance Fever' (featuring members of the public). I am fancinated by all the glitz and glam outfits and the wonderful dancing. I would love to be able to dance like them but would never be able to do ballroom dancing. Maybe freestyle??

      

(L-R 'Strictly Dance Fever' host Graham Norton, 'Strictly Come Dancing 2005 champions ~ cricketer Darren Gough with dance parter, Lilia Kopylova)

Series 2 of 'Doctor Who' begins tomorrow evening. Can't wait for that. David Tennant is taking over from Christopher Ecclestone as the new Time Lord. He will be the first Scotsman to play this role. I missed his debut in the Christmas special, 'The Christmas Invasion', is he a good replacement?

Sadly Billie Piper (who plays the Doctor's companion Rose Tyler) won't be appearing in Series 3. She quit the series in fear of being typecast. Christopher Ecclestone quit while the first series was being broadcast for the same reason. Let's hope David stays around a little longer! 

 

(David Tennent as the Time Lord with Billie Piper as Rose)

O.K readers I have got to go now but I promiseI will be back with a third installment soon. But before I log off I just want to say...

to a few friends of mine!

  Kayley E a.k.a "Tiny" (16/04): Happy birthday K-girl. Have a great day whatever you're doing. See you soon xxx

 Shaun! (19/04): SURPRISE! LOL! Happy birthday mate. I know your a 'Star Wars' fanatic but... Have a great day!

Any comments or suggestions will be greatly accepted. Thank you.

Leigh xxx

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it !Go for it Leigh .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Waiting in anticipation!
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it Leigh, love snoopy!  Please sign my guestbook when you get the time.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Leigh love your Snoopy and also your colourful graphics in your last entry ~ looking forward to reading text ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to you to sweetie!
Kids do grow quickly, sometimes you don't realize how quick unless you don't see them for several mos. ;0)
So you like to sing huh? What kind of music?
Have a great wkend!
Hugs,
SUGAR
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/SUGARSLIFE/
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/PRAYING4U/

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd check back & see if you had added any more, & you have!
Think it's great you are in Viva, the forum sounds kool. ;0)
I wish the rare disorder I have had more awarness type programs. Very few people (even Drs) know about it. Once you get involved more into my main journal, you'll find out about it!
Stage fright huh, not me got over that yrs ago, guess being a preacher & in frt of all will do that for ya. LOL
But I do have fear of heights like you, a big fear! And like you I can't sit for very long, stiffen up so bad.
Nice to hear you enjoy drama, the shows, musicals, etc! Too many young people don't explore these treasures.
Sounds like fun planned for your Easter treat! ENJOY!
Will go, will make a trip back when I get an alert that you've started a new entry.
WELL DONE, my friend.
Smooches,
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

Leigh what a lovely newsy entry ~ I did see that show on TV 'The Sound of Musicals' ~ and like you thought it was amazing ~ also 'Strictly come dancing'  and the dancing on Ice I thought was brilliant ~ Hope you have a blessed Easter ~ look forward to your next entry ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and your family a happy Easter.    mark
http://journals.aol.com/mtrib2/MarksDailyJournal

Anonymous said...

What a well written and Interesting Journal.
Brilliant Graphics....
Saw 'Blood Brothers' a long time ago in Sheffield..loved it!
Regret that I missed 'Buddy'..but did see 'Buddy Holly Story' on TV the other night,and I'm old enough to have been around when he was so popular(lol)
Aileen....X



Anonymous said...

What a lovely journal you have,(better than mine lol),my son is sixteen in june and studying hard,well playing his playstation now,but he will study hard lol,love your graphics and you write very well indeed,I will put you on my alerts cos Id love to read more,Ally sent me here,Im glad she did,keep writing hun all the best xxzoexx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/DomesticAbuse/

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh...
just read your journal, very well written and so interesting too!
Astra!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/astra1547/astrasjournal

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh, Just read your journal for the first time... great stuff!!   Gem xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh,
well done you are doing a fine job .i too love the dance program and it is getting so hard now to choose who i think are the best.You could dance as good as them.Give it a try sometime you would be amazed how easy it is once you have the right tutor.Nothing is impossible. Regards Astoriasand@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Dear Leigh..a friend directed me to your journal and I must say it is different....guess cause I am quite a bit "older" than you...but you made it so interesting..and informative...keep up the good work...Hugs from Kentucky.....Ora

Anonymous said...

I adored Dr Who in the early days but lost affection for it after Tom Baker - he was so sexy in his youth.   But Russell T. Davies has done a simply marvellous job, just wonderful.   And it doesn't matter that Billie Piper is leaving.   They will find someone else wildly unlikely and original and the tabloids will all say, "Oooh, she'll never make the grade!"  And then we'll find she will.  

Did you enjoy the two-parter on the Cybermen?   Another great story and I rather fancy the trailer for next week which looks as if it's set in 1953 (Coronation Year) which will be enormous fun.   I was, at the time, very slightly younger than you are now.  

Now how about Big Brother?   What's the 16-year-old's take on that?

Neenie

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh, I am new to this journal writing but am really enjoying yours.Very colourful and fun! Linda

Anonymous said...

I love strictly come dancing to never miss an episode Jill Halfpenny was the best.

P.s. I love the graphics, where you get them from

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sexkitten198511/Mylife/