Tuesday 18 April 2006

A Week Later...

 

Hello dear readers,

It was a exactly a week today that I started writing my online journal and how quick the week has gone! I started to write a blog because a family friend said I had a knack for writing. She encouraged me to write for my school's monthly magazine. But as this might be my final term I didn't see the point! Anyway I decided to start writing 'Leigh's World' and I'm glad I did because in J-land I have made some wonderful friends. Special thanks to Lesley and her family xxx

I spent Easter weekend with my nan, watching T.V and playing cards. We decided to go out for a meal but decided against it as the weather wasn't very nice.

My uncle Robert came up to see us, with his girlfriend Maggi. Recently he has started a new job as a Financial Investigator. He is very happy in his new job. But having worked shifts for most of his life, he is finding it difficulty ajusting to working regular hours. At least with this job he knows that work finishes at a certain time and can plan around it. Good luck Uncle Robert and I wish you every success in your new job. Enjoy it!

Maggi made some lovely homemade Easter cakes which were absolutely scrumptious! Move over Nigella Lawson - there's a new "domestic goddess" in town! lol xxx

 Domestic goddess Nigella Lawson.

Did anyone see the film 'Chocolat' on Saturday night? It starred Juliette Binoche,  as a gypsy who opens a chocolate shop during Lent. I found it a bit slow but it was excellent. If you are a chocoholic like me this film is a must-see!

 Juilette Binoche with co-star Johnny Depp.

Another film we watched was the thriller 'Panic Room' starring Jodie Foster. It was about a burglary going wrong and Jodie Foster's character getting caught up in events. This film got awarded 5 stars by the movie critic for 'What's On TV'. Five stars? I found it really slow and predictable. I felt like putting a rat behind them to speed things up. lol! We even had a scene where J.F. was taking asprin and urinating. lol! What are other people's views?

Tomorrow I have been called into school for a Drama rehearsal for two hours in the afternoon. Our scripted examination is taking place on 11th May (My dad's birthday, a good omen I hope!). Four of us are acting a few scenes from a film called 'Stand By Me'. The film is based on Steven King's novella, 'The Body'.

The film stars Wil Wheaton, River Pheonix, Corey Feldman, Jerry O'Connell and Kiefer Sutherland. The group of friends, sensitive Gordie, tough-guy Chris, flamboyant Teddy and scaredy- cat Vern are in search of a missing teenagaer's body. They hope to become heroes in each other's and their town's eyes and set out on an unforgettable journey of self-discovery. One of K.S's more familiar roles is Jack Bauer in '24'.

 

Kiefer Sutherland as CTU agent Jack Bauer in '24'.  

I play the role of Vern Tessio, who is overweight and easily scared, which makes him an easy target for school bullies. I am really scared about playing this character because all the other members are really good actors. I just work really hard during rehearsals and nerves just get to me on the day, so rehearsals seem to be a waste of time and effort!

In my other roles I have either died so I didn't have much to remember or my nerves get to me. I am okay singing on stage because the song is catchy and I can associate with it in one way or another, but the characters are not me just lines! My drama teacher has confidence in me, says I should believe in my own abilities a bit more.

OK that's all for now readers.

Leigh xxx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you you had a nice Easter holiday, hope you checked out both my journals & saw how mine went. ;0) Hope you sign my guest book on my main journal!
I've seen panic Rm, hmmm not on my top ten! I'm a BIG horror, thriller, suspense type movie fan!!!!!!!
Later my friend,
SUGAR
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/SUGARSLIFE/
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056MYBELOVEDFURRBABIES/
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/PRAYING4U/

Anonymous said...

There you go Leigh I told you ,you could do it ,Loved the film chocolat',not too slow just my pace ...............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a nice time.  As for your Uncle, yes it can be difficult adjusting to new hours, I know my hubby started doing shift work after years of regular hours and then nightwork for years after that.  I takes some getting used to.  Yes, I have seen Chocolat, I will watch anything with Johnny Depp in it!!!!  Good luck with your drama rehearsal.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Didn't see Chocolat, good luck with the drama

Anonymous said...

Dosn't seem a week since you started your journal ~ so pleased you are making friends ~ Hope the Drama class rehersals go well ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Just popping by to see if you had posted anything new and I had missed the alert or did not get an alert.  Have a good week.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh! nice to find a fellow taff!  Your journal is very good I think the family friend was right to say you have a knack for writing, keep it up.  Didn't see the films you mention so can't comment, sorry. If your drama teacher has faith in you, believe it and trust what other people say and enjoy it.  Good luck with the show and with your studies x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pricesc93/MrsFourboys/