Tuesday 20 March 2007

The Day I Needed My Friends

Hi fellow J-Landers,

 

I hope you are all well.  On Mothering Sunday, it looked as if it was going to be a beautiful spring-like day.  The sky was blue, and there not a cloud to be seen.  I woke up, and gave mum her Mother’s Day card and present.  I bought her a CD called “Hats Off to the Buskers” by the View.  She had seen it advertised and had been hinting for a few weeks.  I kept thinking “Who? I’ve never even heard of them!”

 

In the afternoon, my friends Ross, Jennie and Joanne called to see me.  As it was a nice afternoon, we decided to venture out somewhere.  We caught the train to a local McDonald’s restaurant.  I don’t usually like the burgers from there. It had been over a year since I had last travelled on a train.  I was very excited because it was the first opportunity to use my new rail card.

 

We arrived at our destination and got off the train.  I felt strange.  I felt really hot but the others said I was shaking like a leaf.  Then after about five minutes, I carried on walking.  Then I was sick!  I was so embarrassed.  But it didn’t bother anyone.

 

I cleaned up at McDonalds and then Jennie bought me a bottle of water.  I sat down and chatted for a while.  I got a really weird taste in my mouth, like blood, and then I was sick again.  This time it was all over our table!  That WAS embarrassing!

 

My cheeks were burning with shame.  Everyone in the restaurant was looking at me and frowning.  I apologized to the man who had to clean the mess up.  It must have been something I’d eaten… mind you; I hadn’t eaten much that day!  I had felt fine before I left the house.

 

Jennie took my arm and led me outside for some fresh air, quickly followed by Ross and Joanne.  They all looked extremely worried for me.  As if he could tell what my thoughts were, Ross assured me “Leigh, don’t be embarrassed.  It happens to the best of us.”  Then he called my mum to pick us up.

 

Mum arrived and we got in the car.  Then I couldn’t help it, I was sick again.  I was so embarrassed by the situation, but the others didn’t seem fazed by it at all.  They are such fabulous friends and I’m grateful to have them.  Not a lot of people could’ve coped with me being ill like that.  I want to say thank-you for handling the situation brilliantly, and being there for me when I needed you.

 

Mum made me take the day off school on Monday, as a precaution, and I was fine.  I’m a little nervous when eating, but I’m recovered now and started back to school today.  It was very strange.  People asked lots of questions as to why I wasn’t in the previous day.  It’s not very often I’m off school, and it was nice to know so many cared.

 

Until next time,

Leigh

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you have been poorly ,thankgoodness for good friends I hope you are OK now...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))))I have been embarssed alot of times getting sick around my boyfriend out in pulbic.you have good caring friends.I hope you are feeling 100 percent better.Have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

Leigh I am sorry to hear you were unwell but so glad your friends looked after you as they did ~ and glad you are feeling better now ~ Hope you Mum had a good Mothering Sunday ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Yes Leigh it seems thers a bug going around again just now.I had word from my Grandaughter last night.Saying my youngest Grandaughters birthday party( her sis)who was 5yrs old, had to be cancelled as three of them in the family had  the same,and many of thier friends .Well Leigh thats what friends are for as the song words go.It was very good of Ross Jennie and Joanne, to take care of you like they did.Drink plenty fluids and wash it out of your system, or it may return.I hope not.Hope you feel better soon.Take care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Leigh so sorry you have been caught with that deadful bug.  It must have been so embarising for you but you mustn't worry over things like that it happens to us all at least once in a lifetime.  Its wonerful that you have such great friends who took great care of you.  I am so glad that you are much better now.  Glad your mum enjoyied her day. Kathie.