Wednesday 28 March 2007

Long time, no entry!

 

Wow! I can’t believe a week has gone by since I last wrote in this journal.  For the last three days I have been having problems connecting to AOL and the Internet.  I tried to connect on Monday evening to check my e-mails, but my DSL connection could not be found.

 

 

It was a very frustrating business!  I spoke with my mum, who said it was “very odd” I could not connect to AOL.     Then she remembered earlier that when she hovered behind the computer, “something may’ve popped out of the back”.

 

 

I noticed the phone line had “popped out” and put it back into the DSL filter.  I tried to connect several times following the steps suggested by AOL, with no success.  It was so annoying because I needed to do some research for school. 

 

 

I decided to try it again today.  I pressed “Connect” bracing myself for the warning.  Sure enough it came up, and I followed AOL’s suggestions to solve the problem.  It worked at 4p.m, I was online again! *happy dance*

 

I never realised how much I took the Internet for granted, until it had gone.

 

 

The Westlife concert was amazing!  I am so thankful to Jennie for inviting me to go with her.  The atmosphere was electric!  Before the show, a PowerPoint presentation was shown on the Big T.V.  The opening bars of “The Rose” played.  Then a picture of the boys was on the screen.  The girls screamed and cheered.  I thought to myself “If they are getting this rowdy over a picture, imagine what they’ll be like when the band is on stage!”

 

 

They sang all my favourites, plus one or two new songs.  They were amazing live!  I thought I would become bored because Westlife usually sing ballads, but no I had a fantastic time!  They put my dancing to shame on the balcony, as they paid tribute to the boy bands of the past: Backstreet Boys, Boyzone, Bros, Take That and New Kids on the Block.

 

 

Everyone in the crowd was singing along and dancing in the aisles of the auditorium.  It was an amazing night and if the band were touring again, I would definitely pay £30!  It was great show, worth every penny!

 

Have a great evening!

 

Leigh

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))glad you had a good time.I remember the new kids on the block and backstreet boys,I still love the backstreeboys.Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

I think we all take our PC for granted until  its not there ouch ,Both my daughters and Grand-daughter said how much they enjoyed seeing  Westlife ,when they saw them recently in Nottingham ,they have seen them a few times now,and like you will go again, love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Leigh I am glad you had such a good time and would go see them again because they were so good ~ sounds like you had a wonderful evening ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Happy you enjoyed the show Leigh.Also glad you got online again.You are right I do not think there is anything more frustrating,than not being able to connect.Phew it wears you out doesn't it.You didn't miss much Monday as alerts were down anyway Grrrrrrrrr.I am only just getting them through now more often.AOL they are so poor at times it boils my blood.I would go see west life myself.But I don't think the young ones would appreciate A Groovy Granny hanging around do you? As my grandaughters call me LOL.Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Hi Leight glad you had a reat time seeing westlife.  I have been having connection trouble too all day to-day and have just manage to get connected it is so fustrationg.  I have just gone over to Windows Vista and A.O.L. is now saying that the router I have install is not compatable with AOL and that is why I am being cut off all the time.  Will look into it again to-morrow. Hope you are feeling well bye for now Kathie.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Leigh! It's been soooo long since I've caught up with you guys! It seems like things are going really well for you though, despite your little mis-hap with the connection. My connection has been junk lately too, but I have Comcast so it's not the same problem at all. None of my friends that have Comcast can get it to work properly either, so it looks like we're gonna have to wait!

I'm glad to hear you had fun at the concert, I just knew you would! It sounds like a wonderful experience and I'm sure Jennie was happy to have you there with her.

Catch up with you soon. Miss ya and love ya!
Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts