Sunday 11 March 2007

Hey Mr. DJ!

I can’t believe it’s already the 11th March!  So much has happened since I last posted an entry.  Spring is in the air, even though it is cold.  It’s nice to see some sunshine for a change, instead of depressing rain.

 

 

Do you remember an entry I wrote last year, where I was considering whether or not to join the school radio programme?  After a long discussion with my parents, I joined the team two weeks ago!

 

 

We have to attend a course every Monday, where we learn how to script and produce our own radio show.  At the moment, we are learning how to make a podcast, which is going to be played on the Internet.

 

 

The radio programme runs every dinner time.  Last Monday, I was asked to introduce the songs on a play list.  I had to make one up, which is very hard because either the songs have contain explicit language (obviously, we can’t play those), we haven’t got the song requested in the media library or, the team don’t want the song played because it is considered to be ‘cheesy’ or ‘un-cool’.

 

  

 

How childish is the last statement?  On a radio station I thought the presenter had to be universal about the music played, and fulfil the requests from the listener.  Surely it doesn’t matter if the song had been played a thousand times already?  I have said this to the team repeatedly over the last week.  I’m proud to have already made an impact!

 

 

I was very self-conscious about talking into a microphone about random subjects.  Things started well.  Then I forgot the date, so nerves crept in, and it went downhill from there.  It was my first time and I’m not very good at thinking on my feet, I’ve got to have a script in front of me.  I’m sure in time nerves will disappear, and I will get better!

 

I hope you all have a lovely Sunday and a wonderful week ahead.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Leigh! Of course you have to play a broad spectrum of music, plus some of the best stuff is cheesy, lol!!! Well done you for saying that as well! I am sure you will get better in time!

Anonymous said...

Wel done you ,tell it as it is and go for it ,your bound to get better each time ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Well Done Leigh on taking the plunge and joining the School radio programme ~ I agree with you that a presenter has to cover all aspects of music weather they think it is cheesy or not ~ glad you have let them know how you feel about this and hopefully they are listening to you ~ I am sure those nerves will disappear once you have been doing the programme for a while ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Oh..wow...I love all those musical notes.  Very nice touch..talking on the radio should be easier than on TV.  At least people can't see you when you're at the mike.  When I was in high school (back in the dark ages) only the guys could be in the radio club.  I always wanted to but wasn't allowed.  Remember Leigh, they can't see you...just imagine there's a millon people out there, all in their underwear.   That should calm your nerves, huh?   Linda in Washington state

Anonymous said...

Time will tell Leigh.everything else you seem to have put your hand to seems to have been a HIT.Haaa  a HIT thats a good one.Talking music. LOL.So I don't see why this new venture shouldn't.The nerves will get better just as they did when you were in the panto.Have a lovely Sunday Evening.Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))I am new to your journal,I hope all went well and will contie to go well.have a nice week.

Anonymous said...

Leigh, it is great to finally meet you. I've sent you many emails, since aol. automatically put you in my buddie list. I came from Jeannettes Jottings to see your journal. Its pretty impressive for a teenage guy. My son is 16 and has been asking about starting a journal. I showed him yours. So soon he will have his on too. Good Luck in your adventures.
God Bless,
Liz in Va. USA
http://journals.aol.com/bethjunebug/Bethjunebug