Friday 7 March 2008

Good Morning

I apologise for not posting sooner.  AOL has been a real pain this week!  I keep on getting cut off the Internet.  I’m back now, though the big question is, how long for?

 

Mum had a lovely day last Sunday.  I bought her a new umbrella (she’d been dropping hints since Christmas!) and some “Next” vouchers.  Then, my parents and I went out for lunch to the local pub.  Mum said she felt lazy because she had not done anything all day.  I replied she was entitled to feel that way.  After all, it was Mother’s Day!

 

I had the most exciting news on Tuesday.  My Head of Year at school has nominated me for the “Outstanding Student of the Year” Award.  It is a regional competition, so students from schools all over Rhondda Cynon Taff will compete for the prestigious title.  My fellow English Lit buddy Kirsty has also been put forward.

 

All nominees have to fill in a form, like a Personal Statement.  That was not easy for me, because I am a very modest person, not one to “big myself up”.  It was also very difficult to remember everything I had done in my life.  I had to list charitable work I had done, sporting activities, cultural or creative activities and, of course, qualifications!

 

It’s an honour to be nominated for this award.  My Head of Year said it usually goes to students who get straight A’s in subjects and she felt I had done so much more in my 18 years.  Therefore, a very worthy nominee!

 

The headmaster will now look at our forms, and will then decide whether Kirsty and I get one step further to winning the competition.  It’s nice to be nominated and some recognition.

 

That’s all my news for now!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Leigh I am sure you do deserve everything, you have worked so hard. I wish you all the luck in the world. Glad your mum has a lovely Mothers day. Kathie.

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))I am glad your um had a great Mothers Day.COngrats on the title.I hope you get it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being nominated for Student of the year...YAY I'm sure you'll do well.

Take Care

Yasmin
x

Anonymous said...

Well done on your nomination will keep everything crossed for you. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations of your nomination!  You deserve it!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Well-deserved nod there, Leigh, congrats!  And nice MD gift for Mom, too.  Keep us posted on how you and Kirsty do.  Fingers crossed for ya! "X" CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/