Saturday 15 March 2008

Talent Vs. Looks?

I sincerely apologise for the irregularity of my journal posts this month.  I have been really busy with revision and coursework demands for each of my subjects.  I did not realise I hadn’t posted since Monday.  So here’s my news!

 

On Tuesday evening, I went to see “the X Factor 2007” concert with some friends.  “The X Factor” is the U.K version of “American Idol” for those who have not heard of it.  All the finalists from last year’s show toured the British arenas.  I had an amazing time!

 

I thought all the singers were really entertaining.  One man stole the show, in my opinion.  Rhydian Roberts from Powys, South Wales!  Last year, he took second place in the competition to Michael Bublé copycat, Leon Jackson.  He came across as arrogant on the show, but overall Rhydian had the best voice.  How could he not win?  Talent contests should be based on a person’s talent not looks.  But that’s not always how it works, unfortunately.

 

For months afterwards, “The X Factor” became a rather controversial topic.  Lots of people said that the voting had been fixed so that the Scottish boy won.  Personally, I think that Rhydian has a longer career ahead of him than Leon. 

 

Rhydian Roberts – “Somewhere”

Leon Jackson – “When You Believe”

 

   

L-R – Winner Leon Jackson and runner-up, Rhydian Roberts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your sentiments, I felt that Rhydian was the best throughout, and Leon really isn't up to the mark time will tell.

Have a good weekend

Yasmin
x

Anonymous said...

SoLeigh can't stand the prog. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh I hope you are OK ~ I didn't watch the X factor but it is a shame your choice didn't win ~ I did enjoy the songs ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

You have been busy!  Enjoy your Sunday.
Missie