Monday 10 March 2008

Pinch me, I'm dreaming!

I have been chosen to represent my school at “Griffin Mill’s “Outstanding Student of the Year” Award.  My Head of Year caught me off guard this morning with the news.  I was so shocked, I fell backwards in surprise!  It still hasn’t sunk in yet.

 

I’ve been dying to reveal all today, but I’m sworn to secrecy.  My competitor doesn’t know, you see.  Well, I hope she doesn’t read my journal!

 

Next month, I will have to give an interview to a panel of judges.  Then in June, I shall go away on a team-building weekend.  And, finally in September my parents and I will be invited to a presentation evening, where I shall have to give an interview on stage.  Mrs. Cooke said “it’ll be a bit like Miss World, except you’ll be wearing a tuxedo and having a posh meal”.

 

I honestly can’t believe it.  I never expected to be picked in a million years!


Tags: , school,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Leigh I'm sure you'll be a worthy representative for your school.


Yasmin

Anonymous said...

Well done you have done so well being choosed. Your rugby team didn't do too bad either.  Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))Congrats!!!I am so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

That is such a well deserved honor!  Good for you.  I think you have many more ahead.  You will have to practice your "gracious accpetance" face in stead of shock!!!  :D  The do this well in the Princess Diaries.  LOL  Congrats on your honors.  I am so happy for you!

~Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Good on you, Leigh.  Roll on September; can't wait to see you in the tux!
Bunny xx

Anonymous said...

Leigh that is such lovely news ~ congratulations to you ~ you have worked so hard and well deserve be be “Outstanding Student of the Year”  ~ Ally x