Saturday 22 March 2008

Spring Has Sprung!

 

Good afternoon, everyone.  Spring has finally arrived.  Gone are the long, cold, dreary nights.  In their place are lighter mornings and longer days.  Just a reminder to all readers in the U.K that the clocks go forward next weekend, meaning we get an hour less in bed.

 

 

Easter is incredibly early this year.  As Jan said in her entry, Christmas only seems as if it was yesterday.  I couldn’t agree more, it’s amazing how quickly time flies.  This morning it has been snowing in Wales.  It has not come to much, as there is a lovely blue sky outside now.  Strange weather!

 

 

My god-daughter Eloise is 10 years old tomorrow.  Where have the years gone?  I can remember her when she was knee-high, and she used to refer to music as “Mickey”.  At that time, the only music she would listen to was the Toni Basil hit, so that’s how that came about.  I found it hilarious!

 

 

On Thursday evening, I was invited to an Awards Ceremony at school.  I was nominated for, and won three certificates.  One for “Best English Student of Key Stage 5 (Year 13)”, another: “Special Award for Outstanding Effort” and I won an “Endeavour Award”.  Also, I had three pens and a glass paperweight.  I had always wanted one of those throughout my school career, and now I have one.  I feel very privileged!

 

 

I was a little nervous because this was my second time ever to walk across the school stage.  I walked up some steps, across and down the other set of steps with the aid of my wooden stick.  I was scared in case I should trip and fall off the stage, but I didn’t. 

 

 

The first time that night was awful.  I was shaking.  But I was determined to make it to the other side of the stage.  When I reached the headmaster, I couldn’t stop walking.  I had to stop and walk backwards.  But as the night went on, I grew with confidence and managed to overcome my fear.

 

 

What made the night extra special was the fact that my Mum and Dad were in the audience.  I think that was a big factor of my nervousness, but they were extremely proud.  I can’t wait for the Griffin Mill award ceremony in September.  If I win the trophy of “Outstanding Student the in Rhondda Cynon Taff” that will be the icing on the cake for me.

 

 

I have had a new mobile phone for over four months, and today seized the opportunity to use the 5 mega pixel camera feature on the phone.  The last four photos in today’s collection were taken using my phone.  Taking a photo was no problem.  However it’s taken a while to transfer them to the PC.  But after many goes, there they are! **applause**  I hope you like them.   

 

Have a blessed Easter everyone.  Try not to eat too much chocolate!

 


 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your very well deserved awards.

Have a good Easter

Yasmin
x

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Easter!
Missie

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))Have a Happy Easter.Happy Birthday to your Goddaughter.Congrats on winning your award.

Anonymous said...

Leigh well done on overcoming your stage fright  and the awards you won ~ Happy Birthday to your God~daughter Eloise ~ your pictures are lovely ~ (Clapping hands :o)  wish you and your a Happy and Peaceful Easter ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Well done on your awards Leigh!!! Yes, Easter will not come this early again for 200 years.  Weather is absolutely crazy.
Happy Easter.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Leigh on your awards and the best of luck for September. Love Joan

Anonymous said...

congrats on your awards hun well done xxxxxxxxz oe xxxxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/domestic-chaos/