Sunday 21 May 2006

Harry Ramsden's and Sunday Lunch

Yesterday I went on a daytrip to Harry Ramsden’s with the Viva! Project.  I was picked up at 10:00a.m by Leanne and Neil in the Blue bus.  We picked up six other passengers and made our way down the M4.

 

The woman in the car next to us started waving madly to attract our attention.  Leanne waved back, thinking this woman was just being friendly.  Then we realised something was wrong ~ we had a flat tyre!   

 

We pulled up as soon as we could.  Neil attempted to change the tyre, but he wasn’t allowed to.  The boss said they weren’t insured if the bus fell on top of him!  Claire arrived and took us, in three’s, to the nearest service station.  Neil had to wait for the AA men to turn up and change the tyre.  Claire was worried if they didn’t fix the bus by 12:10p.m, we wouldn’t be going anywhere!

 

However, they managed to change the tyre by 12:00p.m and we were on our way again!  We arrived at Harry Ramsden’s place in plenty of time.  Then we all had some fish and chips and a soft drink of our choice , followed by ice-cream.  What a treat!  I have only been there once before and will definitely go again!

 

   

 

My father is going to watch a football match this afternoon in Cardiff ~ Leeds vs. Watford.  It is raining heavy here in the Rhondda Valleys ~ maybe it will be different there. 

 

   

 

My mum and I have decided to go out for Sunday lunch for a change.  It is very rare that we have Sunday lunch together, as I usually go to visit my Nan over the weekend, so it will be very special to me.

 

I have three more exams this week. They are Computers (paper 2) tomorrow, English Literature on Tuesday and R.E on Wednesday morning.  I have 12 more examinations to sit after that.  I wish I hadn’t been so hasty and taken so many courses.  At the time, I just wanted to get as many qualifications as I could.  I didn’t realise how much work would be involved!! The sooner the exams are out the way, the better.  Trust me lol! 

 

Wish me luck! 

 

Leigh xxxx

 

Postscript (Sunday, 18:32p.m)

I had a lovely Sunday dinner with Mum.  Mum had lamb and I had chicken, with roasties, mash potato, yorkshire pudding with a selection of vegetables.  For dessert I had vanilla ice-cream with chocolate sauce and Mum had apple crumble with custard. Yum!  Also Dad didn't go to Cardiff, he missed the train so he watched the match in our local pub.  Watford won 3-0.  Dad came home disappointed at his team's (Leeds) performance.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We do trust you dear ,you will do it , look at other hurdles you have managed to conquer in the past .its going to be alot of hard work ,but I am confident you are more than able ,So pleased they got the tyre fixed and you got your lunch .Enjoy your lunch today to with your Mum ,give her my love ......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been having a real good time lately!  Good luck on your exams!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh ! whew glad the AA saved the day and you enjoyed your fish and chips!! I think it's raining everywhere mate ~ it's pouring down here in Essex ! Have a lovely lunch with your mum :-) And the very best of luck with your exams. My daughter Kelsey, who's 16 has exams coming up so I do understand ~ you'll be fine ~ just do the best you can. That's what I say to her too :-) Love your graphics!!
Happy Sunday :-) Hugs Debbie ~xxx~
http://journals.aol.com/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

Leigh glad you eventually made it to Harry Ramsden's and had your Fish and Chips ~ hope the weather is good for your Father so he can enjoy the football match in the dry ~ Enjoy your lunch with your Mum I am sure it will be special for her as well ~ Good Luck with all your exams and well done for taking on so many ~ it will be of benefit to you in the end ~ loved your graphics today ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed your Sunday Lunch. Not good, flat tyres.......at least you managed to get it sorted! Harry Ramsdens, yum! luv Joan
http://journals.aol.co.uk/aniracj/StrannyDayze/
http://journals.aol.co.uk/aniracj/TheBandAyleysComet/

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh.  Sounds like you had an adventure out on the bus. And I wish you the best of luck on your exams.  My daughter has exams all this week as well.  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Now  I am longing for fish and chips...Mmmm.  That was quite an adventure with the flat tyre!! Forunately all ended well.  Good luck with your exams though I am sure you don't need my wishes as you will pass anyway! Take care and don't work too hard.  Eve

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your exams, it's chucking it down here too

Anonymous said...

So glad you arrived thier safely Leigh.Fish and Chips are my favourite once a week.some of your graphics are so funny they cheer me up.keep me smiling PLEASE.Well Done God Bless you.Hope you enjoyed the dancing this evening too they were fabulous wen't they.Sad to see the ones who have to go though.
Regards.Astoriasand.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your exams ! Linda

Anonymous said...

hi hun

Have added you to my journal

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sexkitten198511/Mylife/