Sunday 14 May 2006

More Good News!

Hi I'm back!

First of all I would like to congratulate my friend Lauren, who passed her driving test on Friday! Loz, I knew you could do it ~ well done 'sis'! xxx

 

My acting exam went well on Thursday after all that worrying. I managed to remember all my character's dialouge for once. Usually I get stage fright and my mind goes blank but this time I was determined not to let the cast down. Relief flooded through me after the performance, it was a success!

My father had a lovely birthday ~ working! In my opinion there should be a law allowing people to take a day off to celebrate their birthday. Anyway I bought my dad a Sudoku puzzle book and a DVD called 'The Island', starring Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson. Haven't watched it yet. Any readers seen it? What's it like?

I am now on study leave. I only need to go into school to sit examinations. We had a Record of Achievement ceremony in school. Local football heroes (and former pupils) Morgan Stoddart and Scott Young were there to present our Progress Files. These contain certificates and other important documents, like a Personal Statement, to show future employers.

I was very proud to go on the stage to accept my Progress File. I walked across without using my walking stick.

      

L-R: Pontypridd FC ('Dragons') centre/full back Morgan Stoddart, Cardiff City ('Bluebirds') defender Scott Young.

Yesterday my Nan and I went to the theatre to watch 'The Buddy Holly Story'. The show was good but we missed half an hour of it because we couldn't park the car! We didn't miss much of the production, it was his early life and how he started out with 'The Crickets'.

   Rock & Roll legend Buddy Holly.

Over the weekend Nan was wondering whether or not to go to Porthcawl for the week with the Sun holidays. Her brother John was taken back into hospital last week after suffering from chest pains. She has decided to go and enjoy her break. Get well soon, Uncle John! xxx

I hope Lady Luck will continues to be on my side during the next few weeks as my GCSE exams begin. My first exam in on Wednesday and it is Computers. The exam will involve creating letters, memos, spreadsheets and databases etc. I am confident that I will do well.

 

Wish me luck!

Leigh xxxx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Lauren on passing your driving test ~ glad the acting exam went well ~ you must be very proud of yourself ~ I love Buddy Holly music such a tragedy he died so young ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Wishing you continued success on your exams.  mark
http://journals.aol.com/mtrib2/MarksDailyJournal
http://journals.aol.com/mtrib2/landscapeartwork

Anonymous said...

I do wish you luck for your GCSE exam on Wednesday ~ I am sure with your confidence you will do well Ally

Anonymous said...

Well done Lauren on passing her driving test and well done you with the acting exam, I'm so pleased it went well for you, you've got more nerve than me!..Corr...I've still got my progress file (things haven't changed that much) from 21 years ago!  Hope your nan has a lovely week in Porthcawl, that's where my mum and dad are and I'm off down there on the weekend (I've got my own caravan there).  Good luck with your exams, I'll be thinking of you and have got everything crossed!! Da iawn! Suzy xx

Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything, hope Uncles John improves soon xx

Anonymous said...

Hiya !! I haven't been getting your alerts grrrr......pleased for your friend Lauren passing her driving test ! A lot of good things for you just now ~ your acting exam, the Buddy Holly show and walking across the stage without your stick !!!! I hope all good things continue and good luck with your exams, will be thinking of you :-)
hugs Debbie ~xxxxx~
http://journals.aol.com/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

Not been getting alerts for you and several others. Well done to Lauren and well done to you for the acting and remembering your dialogue.  Glad you walked without your stick.  No, I have not seen that film.  Hope your Dad really enjoyed his Birthday.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Haven't been getting your alerts. Plus have not noticed you visiting me lately!
Have a good week!
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

Iused to love Buddy Holly ...well still do ,you know what Imean ,very well done to Lauren ,,and yes well done to you for not forgetting your lines and giveing a good performance ...good for you going onto the stage with out your sticks you are really doing well Iam so pleased for you ........Jan xx