Thursday 18 May 2006

The Second Outing

My youngest cat, Chewy woke me up this morning at 8:00a.m.  Every morning she comes up the stairs and scratches at my bedroom door until I let her in.

 

Then she will sit on my windowsill, next to my stereo and watch the next-door neighbour’s Labrador in the garden. If I fall back off to sleep, she will paw the glass repeatedly which makes a very loud squeak ~ annoying!! 

 

If all that fails then she will meow and cuddle up next to me on the duvet. Unfortunately this happened this morning and when I woke up it was 9:30a.m!! Mum walked in shouting my name. THAT woke me up lol!

 

Margaret had already arrived and was half-way through a cup of coffee by the time I arrived downstairs.  After a piece of toast and a cup of tea we set off for the train station, five minutes away from my home.  The train we intended to catch was pulling off from the station as we arrived at the platform!! We spoke to the guard and he said thenext train was in one hour’s time.  Time for Plan B, me thinks!!

We strolled home and mum suggested going over Hannah Street.  I had not been over there for ages as the Council had been redesigning the pavements.  It has not been safe for me to walk over using my stick.  Today we used my wheelchair ~ it gave me some practice of pushing myself around, to build up the muscles in my arms.

 

I managed to find a suitable Father’s Day present for my Dad.  Just a reminder, Father’s Day is on June 18th 2006.  I bought a CD for myself called ‘I’m Not Dead!’ by Pink*.  Her latest release includes the singles ‘Stupid Girls’ and ‘Who Knew?’ and is a more mature sound than her previous releases.  It is already becoming a firm favourite on my iPod, as I can associate with the lyrics.  I also bought a bouquet of flowers for mum.

 

Pink, real name Alecia Moore has had Top 10 hits with 'Get The Party Started', 'Just Like A Pill' and 'Trouble' to name a few!!

 

July 2nd will be my next session with Margaret and we have decided to go to the pictures.  Margaret will be taking me out to different places once a fortnight. Later that month we might go to the Millennium Centre and watch a production of ‘My Fair Lady’, which stars former Emmerdale star, Amy Nuttall (Chloe Atkinson) as Eliza.

 

 

WOULDN'T IT BE LUVVERLY?: Audrey Hepburn as Eliza in the film, actress turned classical star Amy Nuttall is starring in the new stage version.

 

Enjoy the rest of this fine weather, readers. I hope we are getting the sunshine too soon!

 

  

 

Be back soon!!

 

Leigh xxxx

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liegh your journals are getting better and better well done........Id love to see that version of My Fair Lady ............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Leigh I am sorry you missed the train ~ I would love to see "My fair Lady" I have seen the film the Old one and the new one ~ Leslie Howard was in the really old one ~ saw it on video a while ago ~ is the one you are going to see a stage production ~ lovely entry Leigh ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh. I heard about your journal via Ally and she is right it is very good and very interesting so I hope its okay with you that I have added you to my alerts.   Sorry you missed your train!! I love all the little graphics you have added!  Eve

Anonymous said...

Hello Leigh.  Ally sent me.  What a lovely journal you have.  I have a daughter about your age and a couple more kids too. lol  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

i also like pink..  the weather here is horrible...lol
i know how annoying it is to be woken up..my son does it in the worst way possible
he gets right in my face and yells "WAKE UP MOOOOM""

take care

Anonymous said...

Hi! Ally mentioned your admirable journal.
I want to congratulate you for demonstrating
a will to communicate. It's been said, by the way,
that, "Money is a product of self-expression."
Of course, a gangster's money is different from
Picasso's money. Ha ha. Par. When I was sixteen I
shipped out as crew on the Aorangi, jumped
ship in Vancouver, and hitchhiked to Modesto,
CA. to obtain a copy of my USA birth certificate.
(I was actually born in Fresno: Father born in
London, mother Sydney.) My mother had died of
polio, my father vanished, and my relatives told
me to go away. Point: Truly appreciate the benefits
supplied by your parents and your community. Just
a reminder. My son Michael, age 4, just asked "What did
you write." I summarized as best I could. This boy
Michael is a treasure beyond calculation. That is,
enjoy your parent's appreciation of you!  ha ha ha ha.

Good luck Leigh.

Barry

Anonymous said...

Great entry Leigh! Love your graphics ~ well done mate :-)
hugs Debbie ~xxx~
http://journals.aol.com/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh, I came over thanks to Ally. Great journal. Sorry to hear your trip to Cardiff was scuppered, but sounds like your exams are going well. Good luck with the rest of them.

Anonymous said...

HELLO AGAIN LEIGH,MANGED TO FIND TIME TO READ MOST OF YOUR JOURNAL THE OTHER DAY, AND I HAD TO LAUGH AT THE HEADBANGER ANIMATION LOL!!
JUST AS I HAVE ,(over your computer crashing).I FELT THE SAME THIS WEEK/END OVER AOL.AS YOU WILL SEE IN MY LATEST RHYME.YES I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT ALLY, SOUNDS A GREAT VERY KIND PERSON.NOT TO WORRY KEEP IT UP.OH! LOVE THE CHARLEY CHAPLIN BIT TOO AND BUDDY HOLLIE.
PS!!!! DON'T FORGET STRICKLY DANCEING IS TONIGHT ,DUE TO THE EUROVISION YESTERDAY.
REGARDS Astoriasand.

Anonymous said...

Us mums are good at early morning calls aren't we? ...it's in the job description!  Loving the journal xx