Friday 17 November 2006

A Pirate's Life For Me!

We all had a bit of fun in class today.  It was all for a good cause “BBC Children in Need”.  Each class was given a fancy dress theme and ours was “Pirates of the Caribbean”.  Although I did not fully dress up as a pirate, I did wear a stripy top and donate £3 to this worthy appeal.

 

                                 

Other groups of students dressed up as punk rockers, cowboys and cowgirls.  Some even wore their pajamas!  I will let you all know the total amount of money collected when I find out.

 

 

“BBC Children in Need” is a fund-raising extravaganza held every year in November.  It helps disadvantaged children to have a better life.  These include children who are chronically ill or profoundly disabled, those who've been badly treated by the adults around them, children who live in poverty or inadequate housing, and some who are bullied, excluded or distressed in the U.K.

 

 

Join Terry Wogan, Pudsey Bear and many other celebrities tonight on BBC 1 at 7p.m for lots of fun and frolics, all in the name of charity.  If you would like to learn some more about the Appeal or donate some money, click the link below:

 

~Children in Need~

 

I’ll leave you now with a music video.  It is the official single for the Children in Need Appeal 2006.  While you watch the video, keep a lookout for the other stars of "Strictly Come Dancing".  I think that's what makes this video extra special, the fact they all got involved in making it.

 

Emma Bunton – ‘Downtown’.

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading that Leigh and the video ~ and all done for a good cause "Children in Need" ~ glad you had a fun day at school ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Great entry Leigh,sounds like you all had fun.I love The children in need show on TV.The video I have so much enjoyed too.Loved the kids jumping on the bed LOL!! Brought back a few memory's !! Thanx.A briiliant and worthy cause all this is for.Take care.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Emma Bunton in  amaid's uniform! I'd definitely pay to see THAT again!  B.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had such a great day I know from the news this morning they did very well last  night.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great cause, I'm definitely following that link.
Emma Bunton... that's the Spice Girls one, isn't it? Oh my... lol

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

I ended up watching Children in Need again this year, always do. Emma Bunton's song i think is good but not a patch on the original.