Tuesday 28 November 2006

Brilliant Brussels [Part One]

 

Well last Tuesday I awoke at 5:45a.m.  My head ached, my eyes were droopy.  I felt like something out of the movie “Nightmare on Elm Street”.  I forced myself to drag myself out of my bottomless pit of a bed and have a shower.  After a bowl of Kellogg’s Frosties and a cup of coffee I began to come to my senses.

 

A taxi had been arranged to pick me up at 6:00a.m to take me to my local youth club, where I was met by the other members of the forum.  There were about twenty of us altogether.  We were all excited about traveling to Brussels so the cold wind didn’t seem to bother us.

 

The journey on the coach seemed to pass quickly.  I watched two films, “Bruce Almighty” and “Big Momma’s House 2”.  I enjoyed both of them, they were both hilarious!  Also we played games of bingo and had a quiz.  I won two lines, so I wontwo packets of chewy sweets.

 

In Surrey, we passed Cilla Black’s home. For those who don’t know, Cilla Black became a huge star in the 1960’s singing songs of Bacharach and David.  But she’s most commonly known to millions as the host of “Blind Date”.  I did try to get a photo, but we passed it too quickly.  On the way back home, it was too dark to see anything.

 

 

 

I felt like the dog from the Churchill car insurance commercials as the bus drove over the bumps in the roads.  I couldn’t help but nod my head.

 

 

On the ferry from Dover, it was a good crossing.  I didn’t feel the ship moving at all.  Well, only a few vibrations at the start.  A bottle of Evian mineral water cost £1.85 though, Shocking!!

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Problems with journals again ..I love the ferry ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

stopping by to say hello, and hope your having a nice evening. I love the graphic of the little green guy, it is adorable. (((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

that top picture...that's me...where did you get it?   LOL    Linda in Washington state  

Anonymous said...

The trip sounded great Leigh ~ two films and a bingo win what a nice way to pass the journey ~ must say that Evian mineral water was expensive ~  Loved your graphics ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I look like the graphic aove every morning Leigh LOL!! Glad you enjoyed the crossing.Well they will have your money these places you know.The airport prices are the worst I think.But water Blimey!!!! thats ridiculous.Afraid I would have said no thankyou at that price.Wow two bingo wins,your lucky day it seemed in that line.I love Cilla she is great.Haaaaa funny about the bumps in the road.I can just see you and your friends all  nodding your heads.Well another good entry.Wait to hear more soon.At last I am accessing journals again PUT THE FLAG OUT YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!Take Care.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Loved all that: looking forward to Part 2......3......4.....?  Bunny

Anonymous said...

Hey!  Just a quick stop by...I don't think I ever answered your question on what questions are asked for the Journal Tournament.  Anything and everything that comes to my mind can be asked.  Many of the questions are related....maybe I'll hit one of your interest areas and make it easy!  Maybe you'll have to dig.  Good luck!
-Kellen