Sunday 6 May 2007

A Day Out

Well, what a busy week I have had!  I decided to go to Cardiff shopping on Friday with my mum.  I have not been to Cardiff for a few months, so I thought it would be a nice day out.  Luckily my UCAS card arrived that morning!  The UCAS card is a card available to all students and if you use if in specific shops you can get discounts and points towards your university application.

 

We took a look around some of the shops.  I bought some English Literature revision guides to prepare me for the A/S examination in three weeks.  I have all three exams in one day.  I feel daunted by that, but I suppose it’ll be better to get them over and done with.

 

I also bought Anthony Horowitz' latest book in the “Power of Five” series called “Night Rise”.  I’ve resisted temptation to start reading so far.  I think it’ll be best to save that novel for when I go on my holiday in two weeks. 

 

I love Anthony Horowitz’ books!  I bought the “Alex Rider” series to read while on holidays last year, and they were the best books I’ve read in a while.  I could not put them down!  Every page was filled with excitement, suspense and adventure, so thrilling!  If you have not read them yet, I highly recommend you do.  For more information visit:

 

Fantastic Fiction ~

(thanks to Joan for the link)

 

I also bought some coloured post-it notes from WH Smith.  I was told they would be handy for revision.  I bought a small box of 500.  There was no price on the box, so I assumed they were the same price as the others.

 

My jaw nearly dropped to the floor when I realised they cost £8.99. “Oh my goodness, what an outrageous price!” I hear you cry at your computer screen.  I know, I totally agree!  I wheeled myself back to the shop and got a refund, and then I bought cheaper ones for £3.00.

 

I decided to treat myself to a new hairstyle while in Cardiff.  My local salon is under renovation so I went to a professional barber.  He cut my hair using an old-fashioned razor.  I think it’s the best haircut I’ve ever had in my life!  It cost £11 and really worth the price.  I took some photos on my phone of my new hairstyle.  I shall try to transfer them to my computer soon to show you all.

 

Have a great Bank Holiday weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))Glad your enjoying your day.Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

£8.99 for those coloured post~it notes was a bit over the top ~ glad you changed them for some cheaper ones ~ look forward to seeing photos of the new hair style ~ you can't beat having your hair razor cut ~ Hope you are having a good Bank Holiday ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

P.S ~ good luck with exams ~ Ally