Friday 11 May 2007

When it Rains, it Pours

Where’s all the lovely summery weather we were having a few weeks ago?  Is Mother Nature getting her seasons muddled?  It’s been raining in Wales for the past three days.  I do not like the rain, it depresses me.

 

Revision is another thing that gets me down especially if the weather is fabulous outside.  But it has to be done!  It’s essential for passing examinations.  My first A/S exam is on the 22 May.  It’s English Literature and I have three papers to sit on the one day.  I suppose it’s better to kill two birds with one stone.

 

Talking of English Literature, last month I had to write an essay for coursework to go towards my final result.  It was about the lead character of “One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest”.  One critic argued he is a sexist character, the other thought of him as a Christ-like figure and I had to say who I agreed with.

 

Well, I had a B-grade!  I’m so chuffed!  I had 17 out of 25, which was four marks of an A grade.  Mind you, I’m a little gutted about that.  I had the second highest mark in the class, Woo hoo!

 

I got a C-grade in my latest Health and Social Care assignment I had 43 out of 60, which is ONE mark of a B-grade.  One mark, I am still pleased though!  It was an assignment about caring for an elderly person, the type of barriers they face and their rights.  It was interesting to complete, but a bit repetitive.  I only hope I do this well in the examinations over the next few months.

 

Hope all is well with you in J-land.

 

Leigh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSOYOU)))))))))))))))Have a nice weekend.We are having a nice weather here,but its already getting to hot.We just turned on the air today.

Anonymous said...

I think Mother Nature must be away on holiday and handed over to someone who don't know a thing about our weather ~ Good luck with your exams on 22nd May ~ Nice to get all three out of the way in one day ~ Well done on getting a B grade for your essay ~ Ally