Saturday 12 May 2007

It's that time of year again!

 

Tonight Terry Wogan commentates through the 52nd Eurovision Song Contest.  The musical extravaganza shall take place in the Finnish capital Helsinki, where a record 42 countries compete to win the trophy.

 

Pop quartet Scooch have been chosen to represent the United Kingdom, with a song called “Flying the Flag (For You)”.  Can they restore some national pride in Finland and become the first British act since Katrina & the Waves 10 years ago to win the contest?  Anything can be better than the dreadful duo Gemini who scored nil points in 2003!

 

Tune in tonight at 8pm on BBC1 to find out…

 

Katrina & the Waves – “Love Shines A Light” (1997 Winner)

Scooch – “Flying the Flag (For You)” (2007 entrant)

Where have the years gone where good songs were entered into Eurovision?  What do you think of the Contest?  Do you think it should carry on, or should it all end?

 

 

Leigh

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not really a music person unless it's country or classical, italian opera. I haven't received an alert from you in quite a long time. I have reset my alert for you. Hope you have a great weekend.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Alerts are working fine ...Jan

Anonymous said...

Hiya, I am recording it to fast forward through the rubbish......got to watch though just to hear Terry's banter, he makes me laugh so much with his comments!!!!

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh. I must admit that I think the song contest has gone all political and no country no longer wants to vote for us. Its no longer about the song.  I personally think we should no longer enter it.  No one will vote for us because of the war.Each year we are getting hardly any votes even if the song is good. We should finnish with it altogether. Thats my opinion anyway. Kathie.

Anonymous said...

I must admit Leigh I havn't watched the Eurovision Song Contest for a long time ~ I used to watch it just to hear Terry Wogan ~ which I thought was funny ~ but it has gone down with the songs that are entered ~ Ally