Saturday 30 June 2007

What A Week!

Wow, has it really been ten days since I posted my last journal entry?  Time sure does fly when you are busy!  I have no more lessons from next week onwards until September, when the A2 courses officially start!

 

I had a job interview on Monday.  The school magazine was looking for a new journalist to join the team.  I applied – and I got the job!  I have also been given an official title for the job I do for the school radio station during the lunchtime – ‘radio presenter / playlist co-ordinator’ sounds posh, doesn’t it?  WOO HOO!!

 

I remember the first time the team tested my presenting skills live on air vividly.  I was so overcome with excitement, I messed up the date.  My radio colleagues have never let me live it down ever since!

 

I went to another Sixth Form party on Thursday night to celebrate the end of A/S exams.  I was a little nervous because I don’t usually go to parties, but once I got there, everything was fine.  I spent the night dancing and chatting to people.  Some I had not seen for about a year (seems a lot longer) so it was great to catch up!

 

Yes, I did have an alcoholic drink – three in fact!  I learn my lesson from the Christmas party, because from about 9p.m I drank soft drinks.  In the morning when I woke up, I was fine, though I felt disorientated from all the bright lights.  I had a great time!

 

Mum and I had arranged to go to a fete today, but it was postponed due to this awful rain!  It had been organised to raise money for the Bobath Centre in Wales, the place I go to have physiotherapy every year.  So that’s another event I, and you, can look forward to.

 

Have a good weekend!

Leigh

 

**Filemanager is not working, so I shall upload graphics at a later date** 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your two new jobs I am sure you will do a great job but remember to enjoy your vacation too. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

good luck with the radio/journo thing, if you go onto my blog theres a link for oxford 1079 fm. if you are online between 7-11pm on fridays hit the link and listen live to my mate joe and pick up some tips

http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/ramblings-of-a-married-man

Anonymous said...

Leigh well done on getting the job you applied for ~ and getting a title for the radio presenter/playlist co~ordinator yes that really does sound posh ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Well done Leigh on your new jobs sounds very posh.  It will give you such a lot of confidence doing something like that, I know you will be great at it. well done again Kathie.