Saturday 2 June 2007

I'm Back!

Hello everyone!

 

I’m back from the sunny climbs of Playa d’En Bossa, Ibiza.  I had a brilliant time!  The weather was fantastic, although during the evenings it was chilly.  On first impressions I didn’t like the hotel because it had lots of steps and no facilities for the disabled.  But it was literally five steps away from the beach, which was good.

 

It was quiet and peaceful around the swimming pool.  I thought “Great, this is bliss!” because there were no children running and splashing about by the pool.  Then I spotted a lifeguard going around each of the sun beds… charging people 4 euros (£3) EACH to use them!

 

My parents said this was very unusual.  We have never had to pay for beds by the poolside before.  Mum always says “The good things in life don’t come forfree!”

 

We met a friendly couple from Llanelli named Gerald and Daphne while on holiday.  They told us the best places to visit during our stay in Playa D’En Bossa.  Gerald said during their holiday they had been “very lucky on the Bingo”.  In their company on Monday night, I called a Full House at Bingo and won 36 euros! 

 

I spent some of my bingo winnings on a caricature of myself.  I think it’s brilliant!  Can you see the likeness in the photograph I’ve included?  When I visited the place again with my dad, we participated in a quiz and won a bottle of champagne!  Gerald and Daphne’s luck must’ve rubbed off on me and my family.

 

I’ve had a fantastic holiday, but now it’s time to get back to work and prepare for examinations.  I’ve got two next week!  As promised, I’ve included photos.  I hope you like them.

 

Have a good weekend.

 

Leigh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))Thanks for sharing your pics with me,you have a nice looking family and your are very pretty.Sounds like you had a nice time.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos - you obviously had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Lo glad you had such a great holiday even with having to pay for your sunlounger thats a new one on me too. Great pictures and loved the caricature of you a great job.   Good luck with the exams.  Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Leigh I loved your photographs that caricature is really very good ~ and am so glad you had such a good holiday ~ £3 for a sun bed that was a bit much ~ your Mum is right "The good things in life don't come free" :0) well done on winning at Bingo ~ Now it is back to the old grindstone wish you luck with your exams ~ Ally x