Sunday 20 January 2008

Another Sunday

Whoa, I can’t believe a week has gone since my last post here.  January has not been a very exciting month for me.  Nothing seems to be happening for me to write about.  I expect it is the same for everyone – winding down after the Christmas holidays and the build-up.  It’s nice though, in a way, to take stock and make changes to your life.

 

I have now completed all but one portfolio for the Welsh Baccalaureate.  I’m glad that the majority of it is done and out of the way.  Last week I had to do a lot of running around chasing teachers to sign documents etc. The teachers didn’t have the paperwork prepared, so I’ve got to keep reminding them.  As you can imagine, I’m finding this a bit of an annoyance, wouldn’t you?

 

I also have a GCE examination (a proper one) on Thursday, on the subject of “Health & Social Care”.  The topic of “Meeting Individual Needs” is about the Care Plan Cycle and the different Acts and assessments that go on in hospital. 

 

A lot of it is common sense for me because I have been through aspects ofit myself.  Some would say that could be an advantage but, it all depends what comes up on the paper.  Keep your fingers crossed for me as I really don’t want to have to re-sit.

 

I have also been given an essay to do by Mrs. X for tomorrow.  Mrs. Cooke and several other people have said I should prioritise and leave the essay till after the exam.  I have done just that, because I think examinations are more important that essays.  Of course, I won’t tell her that!  But am I doing the right thing?

 

Goodness, school is all I seem to talk about lately!  I hope you all have a lovely week ahead.

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on Thursday, glad to hear your keeping abreast of everything.
Have a good week
Take care

Yasmin

Anonymous said...

hiya,
fingers crossed and good luck
sue xx

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, you'll do fine. Sounds like you are very organized to me. That's the important part. Good luck and have a good week.  Be sure and comeback next weekend and update us.  Linda in Washington state

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))Keeping my fingers crossed.Have a good weekend,

Anonymous said...

fingers,toes,legs,arms and eyes are crossed for you hun xxxxxxxx zoe

Anonymous said...

Good luck with it all Leigh. I am sure you will be fine

Anonymous said...

I think from now till graduation you'll be very busy!  Good Luck with your exams.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Good luck Leigh.  You'll do well I know it.
Have a good week.
carolxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/carolelainedodd/a-quiet-life......i-wish/

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I know you'll do well. {{}}
Sugar

Anonymous said...

That is some work load you have!  I admire your organization skills.  Is this your first year of college or is this a high school project.  It doesn't say in your bio.

Fondly Rosemary

Anonymous said...

You sound very busy Leigh ~ I wish you luck with all your studying I know one thing you will do the best you can and give it 100 percent ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well with the exam on Thursday and then you will ge your essay done. January is such a depressing month never mind it will soon be February at least its 3 days shorter. Keep smiling Love Joan.