Wednesday 9 January 2008

An Update

Hi everyone, I thought I’d better check into J-Land.  Nothing much has happened since I last posted an entry here.  The days have passed so quickly, all merged into one.

 

I started back to school on Monday.  The first lesson I had was English Literature with Mrs. X.  I handed in the new essay.  The first criticism was the size of my handwriting.  It’s too small!  Well, at least it’s neat and tidy, unlike others.  Then she said that my two page essay was still too short.  That was the length she asked for!  Why is she so picky?  At least it was not ‘Rubbish’ like the last one, on first impression.  Things can only get better.

 

Yesterday I received some bad news.  A former classmate of mine had died on the weekend.  Suicide – he’d hung himself.  The reason is unclear.  Paul was only 17 years of age.  His life was just beginning.

 

I have not seen him for a few years.  I think he was in my class for one year in Comprehensive school, and then he moved away.  I’ll always remember him.  He was always smiling with a cheeky grin, and he had a joke to share with everyone.  Paul will be sadly missed.  My sympathies go to all his family and friends at this sad time.

 

In memory of Paul Nathanial Briggs

16th April 1990 - 6th January 2008.

 

Kelly Rowland - 'Stole'

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you, Leigh. We lost one of ours this weekend too (as my entry shows)... It's so tragic to see a teenager's life taken, no matter what the means; their lives were so short... I'm sorry to hear about Paul. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Take care, I miss you
xxxxx


Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your friend Leigh, its so sad when someone so young does something like this. The song was a good choice.

Take care
Yasmin

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))I am so sorry about your friend,that is so sad.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your friend it is so sad. What has this teacher got against you?  You cannot alter your handwriting just like that the way you write is the way you write end of.  Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your friend!  Hope you have a good day.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Leigh that is so sad about your young friend ~ my thoughts go out to his family ~
Mrs X is very picky ~ I thought small neat handwriting was what they are looking for ~ she sounds like a lady who is very hard to please :o) Ally