Tuesday 1 January 2008

It's Officially 2008!

 

Happy New Year!  2008 is here at last.  A New Year, another new chapter begins in my life.  The New Year brings mystery, but I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for me and my family.

 

I hope you all enjoyed New Year’s Eve, whatever you were doing.  My parents and I met with aunties, uncles and cousins at the local pub, where there was a disco.  Although we met the week before on Christmas Day, it seemed a long time had passed and it was great to catch up.

 

Then at 10:15p.m, we all walked back to my house and had an Indian takeaway together.  I'm not a big fan of Indian food, however, it was good to try something new.

 

We saw the New Year in watching “Jools Holland’s Annual Hootenanny” music extravaganza.  This is an annual tradition in our household!  Star guests this year included Lulu, Madness, Kaiser Chiefs, Kate Nash, Paul McCartney and Kylie Minogue.

 

I read last week that the Queen has awarded Ms. Minogue with an OBE (Order of the British Empire) in her New Year’s Day Honours List.  The reason for this is because Kylie overcame breast cancer in 2005, and inspired other women to have breast checks.

 

Newly-retired chat show host, Sir Michael Parkinson has been given a Knighthood by Her Majesty.  I think that is a brilliant achievement as he has been in the entertainment industry for so long.

 

I think that some time in the future Bruce Forsyth should be knighted.  He is 79 years old and his showbiz career is still going strong.  I think he should get some recognision for the work he has done over the years.  What do you think?

 

What did you all do on New Year’s Eve?  Please discuss in the comments section below.

 

I hope you all have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2008.

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh, sad to say Stu and I were in bed, I was lying reading at 12 but Stu was fast asleep until the fireworks started but he soon dozed off again. It is so quiet now up here in Scotland compared to what it was when we lived in a big city(Dundee) and were a lot lot younger it was party after party until about the 4th of January we had a great time. Nowadays I think most of the young people in Scotland head off to Edinburgh and Glasgow for the big celebrations it has changed things a lot up here and I don't think is for the better.  Glad you had a good time. Happy new Year Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

How nice for Kylie, she's a favorite of mine too.  What spirit, bravery.  As for you Leigh, thank you again for sharing your unique outlook on life with us all.  Stay safe and well over there across the pond, this and every new year.  Luv ya!  xoxo CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK  

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Well, Leigh, you have already read what Mike and I did yesterday evening.  I agree about Bruce Forsyth.  He has contributed a great deal to the entertainment industry for many a long year and he is getting increasingly frail now although still very good on his feet. Some get knighted for a lot less than he has done.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))Sounds like a good tridtion to me.Glad you all had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a good new year with the family.
I missed Jules Holland I meant to watch but alas got waylaid doing something else..lol.
Take care and be lucky in 2008

Yasmin
x

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Leigh glad you had a good time seeing it in ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hey Bud,

Sounds like you had a great time, tho I'm not sure about the Indian, can't stand it myself!
Have a great 2008, may all your dreams come true!

Chris
xxx