Friday 25 January 2008

Well?, I hear you ask...

After many a sleepless night worrying, the “Health and Social Care” A-Level examination went fantastically well.  Everything I hoped for came up on the paper.  A question about the “Disability Discrimination Act 1995” was on there.  Also one came up about Empowerment & Normalisation.  The young woman in the case study was 18 and had Ataxic Cerebral Palsy, which is the same condition I have.  What a coincidence, eh?

 

As you can imagine, I was in my element.  The teacher and Mrs. Cooke were so happy for me.  After the exam, the teacher said “Leigh, I bet you were chuffed with the questions, weren’t you?”  I thought it was not too easy but not too difficult.  It was easier than the past papers we were given to revise from anyway.

 

I was able to answer every question.  I felt a little disappointed as I ran out of time at the end.  The results are announced on March 13th.  I’ll keep my fingers crossed for a C grade.  Although I’d be happy with any grade, a C grade is a decent pass in my opinion.

 

My mum & I are off to a gig on the weekend to see a musician called Wilko Johnson.  Have you heard of him?  Nah, neither have we!  I don’t know about him or any of his music.  It’ll be like taking a leap into the unknown.  I’ll let you know what his music is like in a later entry.

 

Before I go, I have to wish a “Happy Birthday" to my friend, Morgan.  Click the link on my sidebar and send congratulations.  Tomorrow, Morgan will be 18 years old – and an ADULT!  I hope you have a wonderful day, despite the exam!

 

It has taken me two attempts to type out this entry, so I shall click the “Save” button before AOL eats this up again.  Have a good weekend.

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYU)))))))))))))))That is good news to hear about your health.I never heard of the musical tha you and your Mum are going to see.I hope you both like it.I will go over and wish your friend a Happy Birthday.Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you did better than a C on the exam!  Have a good weekend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Leigh good luck on the exam results ~ I feel sure you did well ~ look forward to hearing how you got on ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Well done on the exam Leigh.  Hope you do well.  There have been so many problems with AOL this week.  Yesterday and the day before I could not get into most journals, I could not open my e-mail, could not reply to anyone.  Tech help was no help so I installed the newer version of AOL and deleted the older one.  All seems o.k.  Fingers crossed.  Enjoy your gig

Anonymous said...

Will keep everything crossed till you get your results. What great questions for you to get.  Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Leigh I'm so proud of how easily you went thru that test.  Whatever the end grade I'd say it's more important that you involved yourself like that, tooth 'n nail to use a Yankee quote lol.  I'll wish your friend Morgan a HB and await your next post on this Wilko Johnson!  Stay well - CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/    

Anonymous said...

Oops Morgan's Random Thoughts are private to me lol so pass on my congrats will ya?  xoxo CATHY

Anonymous said...

Aww, thanks Leigh!
And thank you to everyone who stopped by to congratulate =)
I hope all is well with you.
Take care!
xxxx