Thursday 3 January 2008

Empty Words?

Yesterday morning in “The Daily Mirror”, Sue Carroll had written the same thing I had in my previous post about Bruce Forsyth and the New Year’s Honours List.  I’m sure many other people agree that he deserves a Knighthood from the Queen.  What a spooky coincidence that she wrote about it the day after I had.

 

Mum has taken down the Christmas decorations now, while Dad is back at work.  We have decided to leave the lights in our front window until the twelfth day after Christmas.  It’s funny how people always like to put the decorations up early, and then is in no hurry to take them down after the holidays.  The room feels bare and bland without its centrepiece.

 

I start back to school next Monday, the 7th January.  I have one essay to write for English Literature.  I fear that history is repeating itself because I’m falling into the same traps that I try to avoid.  I know now it would have been easier to work on a bit every night.  But the truth is I couldn’t be bothered to do the work!  It was Christmas last week and all I wanted to do was chill out, forget about school and enjoy the celebrations.

 

All I need is motivation and reassurance, and then I’ll get done.  This is a bad habit to break.  I always seem to leave tasks till the last minute.  Then I have to rely on extensions, which isn’t fair on the teachers.

 

I’m so easily distracted!  If I’m doing some work I’m usually online, or listening to music.  It helps me concentrate better on the set task.  That usually gets me nowhere because I sing along to the songs.

 

This is like a vicious circle.  Like in "An Inspector Calls" it will carry on happening unless I learn from my mistakes and break the habit.  My uncle always says "Don't put off today what you can do tomorrow", and I think he is right.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with getting that essay finished.
Take care

Yasmin

Anonymous said...

Hope yo get your essay done in time for going back to school come on Leigh you know you have to and can.You have four evenings left so do a little each night .   Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Come on Leigh sit down and get that essay written :o) you know you want to ~ Ally :o)

Anonymous said...

Nicole has a Senior Term paper to write and she keeps putting if off.  Nicole would rather keep putting projects like that on the side burner also.  You guys are teenagers, that's what you're supposed to do.  You'll get it done, and do a great job it too.  
Missie

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))I am sure it will all work you and you will get your papaer done.I heard that quote before to.Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hope you finished that essay Leigh.  
Carolxx