Saturday 2 December 2006

"Tis the Season to Be Jolly..."

This time of the year is magical for me.  I just love everything about Christmas.  I like to watch the old films shown on T.V, which are only shown during December.  Some of my favourites are “It’s a Wonderful Life”, “The Santa Clause” and “White Christmas”

 

The preparation of the turkey, the wonderful smells that come from the kitchen then sitting down to share Christmas Dinner with my loved ones, is great because there is a special feeling of togetherness.

 

 

There are the Christmas cards received and sent out to friends oldand new. Decorating the Christmas tree is always a hassle to move from the attic, with its baubles and tinsel.  But it always looks wonderful and makes the living room feel warm and cozy.  Putting the star at the very top of the tree is very special too.  It gives you a very satisfied feeling knowing that the job is done. 

 

 

It is always nice to hear the carol singers, and the special songs associated with this season. 

 

 

All the things I have mentioned make the season happy and fun.  But we must not forget what Christmas is really about, the birth of baby Jesus in the stable at Bethlehem.

 

 

Usually on the last day of term before the Christmas term, my school holds a concert.  Children from the local Special school come along, and sing songs from their play for us.  Also our teachers dress up and perform in their own Christmas pantomime.  What a hoot!

 

 

O.K guys, I will leave you now with one of my favourite Christmas songs.

 

Bing Crosby – “White Christmas”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely thoughtful entry Leigh ~ I agree Christmas is magical ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Well Leigh I have to say this is the best entry I have read so far of all the chritmas ones I have read.It os certainly wonderful.I am going to send E. mail now to let you know why.Well done I love it!!Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasnd/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

christmas is a magical time of year. hope yours is awesome. ((((((((((hugs))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Best Wishes to you for a very Happy Christmas...

Astra!

Anonymous said...

I definitely agree with you in all aspects of this, Leigh. I just love Christmas time. It always seems like everyone is in such a great mood, so full of holiday spirit. But of course, my favorite part of it is the SHOPPING, lol. Actually, I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet. Lucky you already being done so much in advance.

Love the song too, Bing Crosby's brilliant!

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

I like this time of year....apart from the build up to it! Xmas songs i normally listen to is Wham and Slade.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/hartleylad/life-as-i-know-it