Wednesday 18 July 2007

Home, Sweet Home!

 

Hello fellow J~land-ians!

 

We all had a great time in Pendine Sands, Carmarthenshire, despite the terrible weather.  Kailei especially, as this was only the second time she’d been away from home.  Pendine Sands is a calm and tranquil place – perfect for escapism!

 

When we got to the camp site on Friday, we did not venture far because it was raining.  We walked over to the clubhouse and mum and dad were coaxed into participating in a Mr. and Mrs. Competition.  Dad was wary of taking part because he “didn’t want to look like a plonker”, LOL!

 

Anyway, he gave in after constant nagging from me, mum and Kailei.  After the first round, mum wandered of the stage (drunk!).  Kailei had to go and find her.  Then she returned after 20 minutes and had forgotten she was in the competition.  OMG that was embarrassing, but they managed to win a bottle of champagne!

 

Then we toasted to Kailei’s 17th birthday (which was Thursday) and my future career prospects!

 

The next morning, we took a stroll along Pendine Sands Beach.  The beach is vast and was once the scene of land speed record attempts.

 

In 1927 J.G. Parry Thomas was killed trying to beat Malcolm Campell's record of 175 miles per hour.  His car which he called Babs overturned and Parry Thomas died instantly from horrific injuries.  The local people buried the remains of the car in the sand, but in 1969 amid much public outcry, Babs was excavated and is now fully restored.

 

Over the next two days, we visited the nearby villages of Laugharne (where Dylan Thomas wrote many of his novels), Carmarthen town, Saundersfoot and Tenby. 

 

We looked around the shops and had some lunch.  I bought myself a new coat for school.  I really would like a case for my camera.  Do you know where I might get one from?

 

Over the next two days, we visited the nearby villages of Laugharne (where Dylan Thomas wrote many of his novels), Carmarthen town, Saundersfoot and Tenby. 

 

We looked around the shops and had some lunch.  I bought myself a new coat for school.  I really would like a case for my camera, do you know where I might getone from?

 

I’m so happy in my life at the moment, everything is going great!  This was the break I needed.  It was nice to have a break away from home, but then it’s always nice to be back in your own surroundings.

 

Have a good evening!

 

Thanks to Debbie from "Deb's Dabs" for the above graphic.  Pop over to her other journal "Whatever" and say hi.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time!  Your pictures look beautiful!
Missie

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))i am glad you all had  blast,even thoe it rained.Love the pics.Hae a nice night.

Anonymous said...

Leigh I am glad that you all had such a good time Loved the pictures ~ what beautiful scenery ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures. Pendine sands looks so beautiful.  The car you mentioned that was dug up and restored, that was mentioned in a recent episode of Coast.  I do not know whether you watch that programme, it is great and very informative, my only niggle is that sometimes they skip over places too quickly but then an hour is not all that long, they cannot do everything.  Loved the photos you put on.

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you had a good time away even if the weather was not all that great. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Hello Leigh,
Its Gr8 to hear u so happy. I am pleased for u.
I hope to b out of hospital today!!
Boredom has got the better of me and i have now taken ur advise and started my own blog. Im all new to this, so its no where near as sophisticated as urs.  feel free to leave a message if u like.
http://Jonsimo.bebo.com

Anonymous said...

Leigh, you packed a huge amount into a short time.
It's all come back to me now about `Babs' !
I got a camera case from eBay, just right for my little Olympus.
Bunny x

Anonymous said...

so your a TEEN BLOGGER...I never would have known if not for your family photo and your about me over there! Great Writing!

Anonymous said...

hehe, J-Land-Ians - i like it, very nice, alright for some - i need a holiday!