Saturday 21 July 2007

Music Gets the Best of Me

 

Nothing much has happened since I last posted an entry.  I’ve just become very bored!  This is because I’m so used to having a busy lifestyle.  Now, I have nothing to do.  I’m tired of staring these four walls, feeling like a total slob!  I guess that’s allowed though because after all it IS a holiday.  All this torrential rain we're having doesn't help matters either!

 

  

 

To keep me occupied during the summer, I’ve applied for a job with an online radio station.  The radio station is called “Habtips.com”.  My friends Rhys and Nathan are DJ’s on there.   They have been encouraging me for a few months to apply to become a DJ.  Now seems the right time.  My application has been accepted and I have been allowed to have a trial run.  Keeping my fingers crossed all goes well.  I will be live on air for thirty minutes.  The question is now, what music do I choose?

 

 

 

“Someone once told me that music is the sweetest thing, because like a rush of blood to the head it deals with our hopes and fears"

   

I love this quote, simply because it’s this idea that’s stopped me from losing my mind the last couple of months.  I don’t know how you feel, but when I’m a bit p***ed off or sad I put on my iPod and I’m lost in a world of music.  It helps me unwind after a difficult dayat the school.  You could say music is my greatest passion in life.  My life would feel so empty if it had no music in it!

 

 

Hope all is well, readers and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that a great idea for you ther is nothing worse than being bored it makes you feel so tired and listless. Hope you enjoy you dj ing  Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

I have another quote for you Leigh: 'Where words fail, music talks' . I have that on a magnet on my fridge and it is so very true.

Anonymous said...

I love music.  I'm always listening to it.
Missie

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))I like the quote,good luck on getting the job.I know you will do great.I like to listen music when I am ahving a bad or a down day to,like turn it on and listen to it as loud as I can.Have a nice Sat.

Anonymous said...

Leigh.  I do know we all need a holiday after a long term but its soon gets to be a bit boring siting around and for such a busy person as yourself I think it is a great idea that you have the opportunity to try different things, GO FOR IT. have a great time.  I have been to Pendine sands its really beautiful there so glad you had a good holiday.Bye for now Kathie.

Anonymous said...

Leigh I know you will enjoy being a DJ ~ and I wish you lots of Luck ~ look forward to knowing your choices in music ~ I love all kinds from Opera to Jazz to country and western so I am not hard to please ~ whatever music is on the radio I love to listen to it ~ Ally