Saturday 28 July 2007

Sunny Saturday

 

I’m glad the rain has eased off this afternoon because Mum and dad went to a wedding!  I, on the other hand, have been indulging in a bit of ‘me time’.  I watched a double-bill of Alfred Hitchcock movies: “The 39 Steps” and “The Lady Vanishes” broadcast on BBC2.  Ooh…. I do love a good thriller!

 

Both were in black-and-white format.  I don’t know about you, but I think there is something classy and sophisticated about old films.  I really must agree when people say that old films are the best.  There is no swearing, nudity or violence – something that the whole family can enjoy.

 

Also, while out in the garden, I have been reading “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix”.  You shall be pleased to know I am four chapters away from the end of the novel.  Then I shall begin reading “The Half-Blood Prince” which is the sixth book in the franchise.

 

I bought the final novel “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” on Tuesday.  The book seems thin compared to the others, although it includes six hundred and seven pages!

 

I’m off now back into the garden to make the most of the remaining sunshine.  According the weather forecast, the sunshine won’t last and more rain is to come.

 

Have a good weekend.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the black and white tv classics, especially Horror films, like dracula, wolfman, frankenstein. Boris Karloff and Bella Lagossi are my favorite classic actors for these films. Love Alfred Hitchcock also. Hope you have a great weekend.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I love the old movies too and I Hitchcock did you know that Rebecca is one of his.  I tried to read in the garden afternoon after I finished weeding but it turned a bit cold about 4 o'clock here so I had to come in and I did somemore work on my new journal.  Love Joan

Anonymous said...

Like you Leigh I love old movies especially when they are in black and white ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((HUGSTOYOu)))))))))))))))I love old movies as well,but not much of a fan on the scary ones.LOL.I love Harry Potter.Never read His books,but,I wath His movies.Is the book better than the movies?Have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

My daughter Nicci finished her HP book and we were both very pleased with the ending.  That's all I'm saying about it.  Have a good one.
Missie

Anonymous said...

The lady vanishes is a GREAT movie!! Is it the Cybil Sheperd one?! That movie screwed up my head when I was younger..lol!

Lv Ste
xxxxx