Friday 21 September 2007

Call me 'Buddy'

Well gang, there’s no going back now!  I’ve paid my first instalment of the deposit for the school trip to France of £15.  Then I have to pay a further £30 by or on 5th October.  I’m so excited now! *happy dance*

 

One of my teachers has submitted my name for a job at school.  I will be providing reading support to the younger students.  I will have to sit with them and listen to them read a book.  If the student gets stuck on a word, I’ll help him pronounce it.  I'll be a 'Buddy Consellor', a mentor. 

 

If I get the position, I will not be going in blind, I shall be going on courses to learn what to do, and I shall also be given some money to buy resources.  I have done this sort of thing before on work experience, and found it very rewarding.  The teacher said the job will be a valuable experience for me if I wish to go into the teaching profession.

 

It has not been a very nice day at all today.  In Wales, we have had lots of heavy showers of rain over the past two days and unfortunately, they are set to continue this weekend.  It made the lessons really long and drawn out, and very boring!  I hate the rain! 

 

I have to say a big Congratulations to my friend Ross, who passed his driving theory test today.  Well done mate – I knew you could do it!  Now let’s hope you do as well in the practical test.  Keep positive!

 

Hope all readers have a good weekend.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi... I just posted a comment way back on your Sept 10 entry.  I was afraid you'd miss it.  I don't check my entries that far back for comments. Chuck on Sept 21

Anonymous said...

I went from England to France, too, in June 1944.  It was no holiday.

Anonymous said...

I bet you are happy about your upcoming trip to France. I'd love to go to England and France but I'm way over here in the U.S. and don't really like to fly.  We are expecting rain here too, but right this minute the sun is shining.  I live a couple hours drive from Mt. St. Helen's.  Here's a link to a web cam, where you can actually see the mountain...there's steam coming out of it again today. It erupted big time in 1980.    http://www.king5.com/livecams/sthelens.html    Thought maybe you'd be interested in seeing it.  Linda in Washington state

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your weekend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Well done again about your little job you are having a great week hope it continues  don't overdo the Happy dancing. Love Joan.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))That is exciting news about oing to France and Congrats on your job at School.Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Leigh wishing you luck getting that job ~ that would be very good experience for you ~ glad you are on your way to France don't forget to take your camera :o) ~ Ally