Wednesday 5 September 2007

The Interview

Yesterday I had an interview at school.  It was to discuss whether I would continue my ‘A’ Level studies and what courses I would like to enrol in.

 

 

My teachers were happy for me to continue the subjects I studied last year which are English Literature and Health & Social Care.

 

 

The teachers said that Sixth Form has changed me for the better.  I’m much happier than I used to be.  I appear to have a lot more self-belief, and Sixth Form has improved my social life for the better.  I agree with all the points listed above.

 

 

I asked whether I could study Psychology or Computing as an AS Level, in addition to the ‘A’ Level courses.  The teacher said no, because she thought it would be too much work involved.  I’m not too disappointed because I didn’t really want to study them.

 

 

I spoke to my English teachers and the department were very pleased with my exam results.  It turns out I was 4 marks off an A grade in the “Cuckoo’s Nest” coursework and 7 marks off an A in the Austen paper!  Who would’ve thought it? J J

 

 

Mr. Wyburn said I don’t particularly need to re-sit the Shakespeare paper (which I had a D in), because my marks on the other papers were so good.  He says it depends on this year’s grades.  This year, I’m going for gold!

 

 

 

I start back to school on Monday, the 10th September.  Call me sad, but I am looking forward to going back to school as a senior, LOL!

 

 

Hope all is well with you.

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL you're allowed to look forward to school, Leigh. Like I told you, I was super-excited too when I went back today. It's going to be a great year for you and I'm so proud of you for everything you've accomplished already =)

Love ya and I'm gonna be around more, I promise. lol
Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))Good luck with school.No Partying.LOL.HeHe.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are looking forward to going back to school you will do much better with that attitude. As the saying goes Schooldays are the happiest days of you life so enjoy. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

find the examiner... bitch slap him until he goves you those extra marks... i mean, come one! thats just mean of him!!!

Anonymous said...

I know you'll do great this year in school!  Oh yea, hump day means the middle of the week.  Wednesday is the middle of the week so people call it hump day.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Leigh I am glad you are pleased about going back to school ~ they really are the best days of your life ~ I am sure if you are going for GOLD you will get it ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

You have done so well Leigh all the best for next year Kathie.

Anonymous said...

well done hun and i know you will do well in this year too all the best zoe xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/domestic-chaos/