Wednesday 19 September 2007

V is for Victory!

Wow, nearly a week a passed since I posted my last entry!  Where does the time go?

 

First of all I must thank each and every one of you who left comment for my parent in my last entry.  Each of the comments made them smile and we all appreciate your thoughts.  Thank you J-land!

 

We had a nice holiday in Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset.  I didn’t take any pictures though as we weren’t there long enough.

 

Now I have BIG news!

 

You may remember an entry I posted three months ago, where I was not allowed to go on a school trip because the activities “may not be suitable for me”.  Well, now the school have allowed me to go to France with them.  Yes, I am allowed to go to France!

 

I’m so happy!  I can’t believe it!  For years, I have been excluded from school trips.  I wasn’t even told about them and felt so hurt because I wasn’t included.  Now I am ecstatic because I can go on one.  It will be my first time away with the school and a nice end to my school career before I move on into Higher education.

 

We are going sometime during October for five days.  For that time, we shall be staying in a Château.  I’ve found information about the accommodation online.  Click this link for more information.

 

We shall be competing in lots of sporting activities and outdoor pursuits like abseiling, canoeing, archery to name a few - as well as learning some French!!  The WBQ Co-ordinator in charge of the trip was worried that I may feel left out if I could not participate in the activities.  I said “Don’t worry! I’ll give anything a go.  If I can’t do it, then I will do something else instead.”  If I don’t try we’ll never know.

 

Oh I’m so pleased I can go!  It will be the first time ever my school would’ve taken a disabled person away abroad so, I’m going fly the flag for disabled people and show we can go on trips abroad and have fun!  After all, I’ve done it before with the Rhondda Youth Forum last year when we travelled to Brussels.

 

I'll leave you tonight with a video.  The song explains exactly how I feel right now.

 

Shania Twain - "I'm Not In The Mood (To Say No)"

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh that is such good news that you are able to go on the school trip that will give you something to really look forward to. great news. Kathie.

Anonymous said...

Aww great news, Leigh! I'm so proud of you for being so outgoing and ready for anything. I'm sure you'll be an inspiration not only to other disabled students, but to every student there! I know you'll have a good time.

PS-- You think a week is bad for not posting an entry? I haven't been here since the 23rd of August *GASP* lol

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

Leigh I am so pleased for you ~ I know you will enjoy your trip with the school ~ and they should take you as they should take any disabled person ~ I think it is dreadful that they have banned you from other trips ~ I know you will show them you are capable of joining in the activities ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Leigh, Congratulations !  I'm so happy to hear you get to go to France.  What an awesome experience and opportunity.  I hope you'll take notes and tell us all about it in your journal.   Linda in Washington state

Anonymous said...

Very happy you are being included in the school trip am sure you will enjoy yourself and if there is something you cannot do I sure you will find something else to do and there is always your camera think of all the great shots you will be able to take. Love Joan.