Sunday 7 October 2007

Strictly Odd

So what have you all been up to this weekend?  My weekend has been rather quiet indulging in a bit of “me time”.  I bought the new series of “24” (series six) on DVD on Friday.  It’s one of my favourite T.V shows, and I find it very addictive!  What is it about American programmes that make you want to keep on watching?

 

Another one of my favourite programmes started last night: “Strictly Come Dancing”, the UK’s version of “Dancing with the Stars”.  I have always been fascinated with dance and the glitz and glam really appeals to my creative nature.

 

The BBC have taken the odd decision to broadcast the results show, in which the losing dancer gets voted off, the NEXT evening!

 

So you sit through the excitement of the live performances, phone-in and vote, but you don't get to find out the results for a whole 24 hours.  Madness!

 

The results show will be pre-recorded on the Saturday night, so at least all those participating don't have to gather again just to hear the results on Sunday.

 

Is it anything to do with the fact that ITV1 is brodcasting an extra episode of "The X Factor" tonight (eventhough, the "Strictly" results scheme will run for the duration of the series.)  Or is it just just to give the increasing nervous BBC more time to make sure the results of the phone votes are correct?

 

Whatever the reason, this is just bizarre!

 

Have a great Sunday, guys!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"What is it about American programmes that make you want to keep on watching?" What can I say, Leigh? We're just captivating =P

Glad to hear you've got a bit of "you time". You deserve it. Hope all is well!
Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

I just love Strickty Come Dancing but think the sunday show is way to long to give results I think it is going to spoil things for me it will so I will record it and just watch the end. LOve Joan.

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTYOU))))))))))))))))))Have a nice day.