Tuesday 2 October 2007

Be Breast Aware

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  This is a very sensitive issue to me, as some of my family and friends have suffered from breast cancer.

 

Approximately 42,000 women and 300 men are newly diagnosed with breast cancer every year in the U.K.  It’s very important for men (these are rare cases) and women to examine their breasts regularly for any abnormalities.  If you feel a change in your breast, get it checked out by a doctor – sooner rather than later, as it could save your life!

 

Anyone with breast cancer or breast health concerns can get free, confidential support and information by visiting:

 

Breast Cancer Care U.K

 

Also, here is a link to a very helpful article:

 

AOL Lifestyle: Breast Cancer Awareness Month

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your entry on breast cancer awarness.  I don't think we can it enough!!
Missie

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful entry.  I did one very similiar but yours is more colorful and you even included a video!  Great job!!!  Yes, breast cancer is a horrible disease and I hope someone finds a cure soon.   Linda in Washington state  

Anonymous said...

Am very aware as I have lost two friends to this type of cancer. I thought one was OK but then it struck again she was in her early 40's with two children just starting uni. It was so sad.  Love Joan.