Friday 14 December 2007

All Grown Up Now

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their birthday wishes after I posted my last entry.  I can’t believe I’m Eighteen, I don’t feel it anyway.

 

As I stated in my previous entry, I had no lessons on Wednesday morning, so I slept until 8:30a.m.  Mum woke me up with a cup of tea and some toast.  She was very eager for me to open my present from her and Dad.  It was a beautiful Nine carat gold identity bracelet.  It is lovely, I just have to get used to it shaking up and down my arm, or more importantly, that I don’t lose it.  Thank you, Mum & Dad.

 

I also had some money, some of which I will save.  I don’t think it’s a good idea to spend any yet.  I’m going to wait until the January sales roll around because you can get some great bargains then.

 

Also I had a Leather Jacket.  Since I was nine years old I have wanted one, and an electric shaver.  I feel like a real adult with these things!

   

At 6p.m, Jennie came over and we visited the local pub.  It felt really good to walk into the pub, buy an alcoholic drink and enjoy it without glancing over my shoulder.  I rarely went in pubs when I younger, obviously because I was too young, but it was a nice atmosphere.

 

Then at ten past seven, my family left for “The Thai Elephant”, but it was more like a Chinese restaurant.  It was an All You Can Eat buffet!  Each of us ordered a portion and then we were allowed to share someone else’s.  You could have as much as you wanted for a certain price.  Great value for money!  The food was amazing.  It will definitely not be a one-off visit, I can tell you.  I took some photos of the evening, hope you enjoy them.

 

Remember the essay I had to write on Tuesday?  I got a B grade!  My teacher was very impressed.  I was flabbergasted.  He said if I carry on this hard work I will definitely get an A grade in the English Literature coursework element.  I’m going for gold now – I need that A!  Keep your fingers crossed for me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on reaching you majority Leigh.  I loved all the photos, you all looked so happy and what wonderful presents you got!  I can imagine how thrilled you were.  Also well done on your grade. Keep working hard, you will go a long way and I do not need to tell you how important education is, especially in this day and age.  Thank you for sharing your Birthday with us.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and a belated Happy Birthday.  In the United States you can register to vote at age 18, but no legal alcohol consumption until after you turn 21. Love the leather jacket.   Linda in Washington state  

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all ahd a great time Leigh , like the leather jacket, and all the pictures. Well done on the B grade thats good news I'm sure you'll get the A next time.

Have a good weekend

Yasmin

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU())))))))))))))))I am glad you had a nice Birthday.Sounds like you got some pretty krel stuff.Congrats on gettin g the b.Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

By the look of the photos you all a had a great night out.  Love your new leather jacket.  Well done on achieving a B grade on your essay.  Keep up the good work Leigh.
Have a good weekend.
Carolxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/carolelainedodd/a-quiet-life......i-wish/

Anonymous said...

Sorry I forgot your birthday so I will say happy belated birthday Liegh. Glad you had such a great day and what a grade to get. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Leigh I missed your Birthday ~ and it was your 18th ~ hope you had a Happy special day ~ well done on Grade B for your essay ~ The photographs are lovely could see you were all having a good time ~ and you got some lovely presents ~ wise saving some of the money to spend at the Sales ~ Ally