Friday 28 December 2007

Over So Quickly

I can’t believe Christmas is over for another year.  It seems to come and go so quickly, doesn’t it?  There’s a big build up, then all of a sudden, it’s over.  Nothing much happens after Christmas.  Everyone is winding down after days of hectic chaos, happy chaos of course.

 

Santa was very good to me.  I got my wish and had a flat screen monitor.  It’s fantastic!  The text on the screen looks bigger and it’s not so ‘in your face” as the old, chunky one, and I haven’t had a headache since setting it up two days ago.

 

I also had some clothes, deodorants, aftershave, money and also CD’s and DVD’s.  These days, I find I watch more and more T.V box sets, rather than films, I don’t know why that is.  Maybe there are too many distractions around?

 

I also had two books to read.  I used to love reading a good book.  But now, I find I cannot pick up a book for enjoyment.  I read and analyse the text.  I suppose this comes with the territory of studying English Literature for four years.

 

I was so overwhelmed with everything I had, I still can’t believe it.  Remember the broach?  Mum loved it, like you said she would in your comments.

 

Again this year, we met relatives at the local pub.  Lunch was fabulous!!  I felt full after eating starters.  Now, I know why adults fall asleep after a hearty meal.  We all did!!

 

Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and did not get any hangovers, or overindulge in too much food.

 

Have a good evening, everyone.

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! WHOOP WHOOP! You must've been a very good boy this year, LOL.
Santa skipped me, oh well, so is life.
Hoping you a bright New Year. :)
Huggies,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

So glad you had such a great Christmas and hal all those lovely pressies. Love joan.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Santa bought you a new monitor.  I knew your mom would love her present!!!!
Have a great weekend.
Carolxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/carolelainedodd/a-quiet-life......i-wish/

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a nice Christmas Leigh and got all those lovely presents, especially your monitor.  I really do not know now how I coped with the big chunky old one.  I am so glad your Mum loved her brooch, I knew she would. Yes, it all seems an anti-climax now, neither one thing nor the other.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that Santa was good to you.  We knew your mom would love the broach, because a lot of us are moms & we know about things like that. LOL  I've found that reading each evening before bed helps me relax, so I hope you will read & enjoy your new books.  Reading also allows for a quiet time, without the TV or computer intruding into your life.  Back in the old days before computers & TV's, people read books over and over again because that's about all they had to do in their spare time.  Now, we have all these other things to take us away from all the wonderful books that are out there for us to read.  Have a good weekend...from Linda (a mom) in Washington state

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had good Christmas

Yasmin

Anonymous said...

I'm actually glad the holidays are over.  I'm ready to get this new year started!  Have a good weekend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))Glad you had a nice Christmas and I am wishing you a wnderful Happy New Year.