Monday 24 December 2007

The Night Before Christmas...

As you can see on the Countdown timer above, tonight is Christmas Eve.  The night that Santa Claus visits.  Are you all excited?  Surprisingly, I’m not - yet.  It really doesn’t feel like Christmas at all to me.

This afternoon, I have busy cleaning and de-cluttering my room.  I didn’t realise how much junk I had.  I hate to get rid of stuff, you see, in case I might need the object in the future.  But very rarely that happens.  My room’s looking a lot cleaner now, I have to say.

 

I have to wrap one more present, then that’s me finished.  I bought my mum a turquoise broach in the shape of a butterfly.  I thought it was very unusual, and mum could wear it with her denim jacket.  I like to get a person something different for a gift every year otherwise it gets boring, doesn’t it?

 

I showed the present to Dad.  He took it out of the bag and tipped it onto his hand, and said: “Is that it?”  I was left flabbergasted by his reaction.  I really hope my mum likes it.  I don’t want her to open the small parcel, and think: “Oh, is that all I’m worth?”  I can picture her look of disappointment now.

 

One year, I spent over £50 on my Mum and Dad’s Christmas presents.  I know what you’re thinking, I hear many shocked gasps.  I realise now, that was WAY O.T.T and not necessary, and since then have set a sensible budget to spend per person.  After all, it is the thought that counts, not how many presents are given.

 

Merry Christmas!!


Tags: , , ,

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!
I'm sure your Mum will love the gift. I know I love broaches of all kinds, sure she will too. :)
Keep in mind, it's not so much the gift you give, but the thought you put into the gift, & the fact that you thought of giving a gift. Gifts aren't as important as the love we show that person, & I'm sure you show your Mum lots of love. {{}}
Hugs,
Sug

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sugar...your mom will love it.  Anything my son gets me is ok...because it's from him.  Anyway, it's the thought that counts.  Leigh I hope you have a wonderful Christmas eve and Christmas day with your family.   Linda in Washington state

Anonymous said...

I still get excited on Christmas Eve and hope you will too maybe a nice carol service on the telly will put you in the mood. Hope Santa is good to you, Love and
Best Wishes to you and your family. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Leigh have a wonderful Christmas Day ~ I bet your Mum will love her present ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Too funny!!!
I'm sure your mom will love her present beause you chose it specially for her.
I wish you could see my 7yr olds room.  You cannot get through the door. When we asked him how Santa was going to leave his presents there he said Santa will have to leave them downstairs.!!!
Have a great day tomorrow Leigh.
Carolxx

Anonymous said...

Leigh, try not to worry, I am sure your Mum will love her brooch - after all it is from YOU.  Turquoise was my Mother's favourite stone, her birthstone, I still have a brooch of hers, old and battered but it means the world to me.  It was a bit mean of your Dad to re-act like that but sometimes people say thoughtless things.  Have a very Merry Christmas.  No, it does not feel like Christmas to me either, just cannot get into it this year.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday.
Missie

Anonymous said...

HI LEIGH. HAPPY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND. YOUR MUM WILL LOVE HER GIFT KNOWING THAT YOU CHOSE IT WITH ALL THE LOVE IN YOUR HEART. THATS ALL THAT MATTERS. LUV YA MATEY. XXXXX