Tuesday 18 December 2007

Cold and Frosty Weather

Brr… hasn’t it been cold over the last few days?  I stayed home from school today nursing all the symptoms of a cold.  I usually go to school regardless if I’m ill or not.  But it’s time I put my own health before my education.

 

During an English lesson yesterday, I interrupted the teacher so much with my coughing outbursts and sneezing that I was sent out.  That’s when I knew I shouldn’t have been in school.  Mrs. Cooke suggested I stay home and get myself better, and I can always catch up with work when I’ve recovered.

 

I’ve not really done much today.  I’ve slept most of today and while I’ve felt really rough.  Hopefully, I’ll be better for Ross’ 18th Birthday party on Thursday.  I’ll be really disappointed if I can’t go, and I know he will too.

 

I’ve appeared in the local paper “The Rhondda Leader”.  I gave an interview about the school trip to France last month, and I was not expecting anything to come of it.  Then, on my birthday it was printed.  That gave the article extra significance.  I found a web link of the story earlier today:

 

Brave Leigh takes a leap of faith during France trip

 

I gave the interview because I wanted to inspire others, particularly disabled people.  I wanted to show that they can achieve something if they try.  I set myself a task, and I feel I've done it now. 

 

Stay warm and safe readers.

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Leigh, how marvellous that piece got into the newspaper and what an inspiration you are to others in the same or similar situations.  Hope you feel better really soon.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))I am glad your staying home and taking care of yourself and getting better.That is so nice that you did an interview and to inspire other people to do the same thing.Have a nice evening.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you have a cold it seems to be going from one journal to the next hope you are better soon. Lovely artical in the paper you must be very proud. Not so cold as yesterday here today it was -6 yesterday morning and did not go up much all day.    Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Hope your cold gets better soon Leigh.
How lovely to have your interview printed. I'm sure you are an inspiration to many people.
Take care
Carolxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/carolelainedodd/a-quiet-life......i-wish/

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon and I'm so happy you were in newspaper article.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Great Story in your local paper Leigh, your parents and you must be so proud.
Sorry to hear you have a cold but it's before Christmas, and hopefully you can go to your friends 18th on Thursday.

Get well soon
Takc care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

''' applause''' for the massive article in the paper and well done abseiling,im not brave enough myself,take care and merry xmas zoe x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/domestic-chaos/

Anonymous said...

Leigh I hope your cold will soon be better ~ and you will be well enough to go to Ross's 18th Birthday party ~ I loved the article in the paper ~ it said you were brave and I agree you were very brave to do all the things you did on that trip ~ and yes I would also say you are an inspiration to others ~ we are all proud of what you achieved ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Well it's the season for it so I guess your cold fits right in, hope you feel better soonest.  That's some feat you pulled off!  And to admit you were scared at first, that takes almost as much moxy as the jump!  I'm sure you got a great feeling from this, and yes you did open alot of doors with that leap of faith!  xoxo CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/ HAPPY CHRISTMAS!