Sunday 2 December 2007

Rainy Day Shopping

 

 

Yesterday, I decided to go to Cardiff to start my Christmas shopping.  I did most of it.  I only have two more presents to buy, something for my uncle and mother.

 

 

I browsed around many shops.  But I spent most of my time in a shop called T.K. Maxx.  My uncle said it was one of his favourite shops.  Apparently, he hasbought many birthday and Christmas presents from the store.

 

 

I walked in and let out a big sigh.  All I could see was shelves of this, racks of that.  My initial reaction was “Oh My God, will I actually find anything here?”

 

 

But undaunted I made my way into the store.  I was determined this Christmas shopping was going to be done today.   I looked at this and that there was so much to choose from I hardly knew where to start!  This year, I was given no hints either – so that made the task even more difficult.

 

 

You can pick up some good bargains if you look in the right places.  All you need is a little bit of patience!

 

 

I have discovered you need plenty of that when you shopping for Christmas presents.  It is hard to think what the person would like.  That gives me a big headache, but all the agonising decisions are worth it when you see the person’s smile as they open your present on Christmas morning.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got most of your shopping done. I've still got a bit left to do myself.  I never thought to look in T.K. Maxx.  It not one of my favourite stores.. I'm not even sure if they have one locally.  I know they have one in Wolverhampton.
I think everyone has been stuck for ideas for present buying this year.
Take care Leigh
Carolx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/carolelainedodd/a-quiet-life......i-wish/

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))Good for you,getting your Christmas shoping done.I am not even near done.I got most of it done.But still have a ways to go.Have a nice Sunday/week ahead.

Anonymous said...

I haven't even started to Christmas shop!  Want to do it for me? LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

Well done Leigh on making such progress with Christmas presents.  I only have a couple!

Anonymous said...

You've done better than me Leigh i have'nt even started yet...lol
Have a good week

Yasmin

Anonymous said...

Leigh glad you are so forward with your Christmas shopping ~ I only have a couple left to do myself ~ must admit we have done quite a lot on line ~ It is hard sometimes choosing the right gift for the right person but I am sure you will make the right choice ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

well done Leigh I love shopping in T.K. Max we have a shop here in Newport and in Bristol and they have recently open up a shop in Cwmbran  its great shopping. Hope your day went well. Kathie.