Thursday 6 December 2007

It's Gone!

Today, I had the mole removed from my shoulder.  It was not life threatening, but I’m glad it’s off my back - literally.

 

I had an appointment at my local hospital at five past one this afternoon.  The procedure took about quarter of an hour.  The Doctor numbed the shoulder area and then cut out the mole.  I didn’t feel anything, except for the injection.

 

Then, the next thing I knew, I was stitched up and it was and over.  I have three stitches put in.  They shall be removed in eleven days time.  There will be a small scar where the mole used to be, because the tissue is thicker than anywhere else on my body.

 

I asked the Doctor if I could look at it before it was sent off to the lab for another biopsy.  I was very curious as I had never seen it on my back.  It was about the size of a five pence piece… very small.

 

I have been told that I must keep the dressing dry for 24 hours.  Also I must sleep on my stomach for a few nights while the wound heals.  The area is itching quite a bit, so I guess it’s healing.

 

Mum has suggested that I stay off school tomorrow and then see how I feel on Monday morning.  I guess I’m gonna be a lazy bum and lounge around in my pyjamas all day, while I pig out on a lot of Chocolate ice cream watching a DVD box set of “Friends”.  Hehe… yep… sounds like a good idea!

 

Have a good weekend everyone.

 


Tags: ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your in good spirits and enjoy your lazy day off tommorrow, i've ssen they have just advertised the new boxset of Friends all 10 series i'll getting that as my xmas treat

Take Care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your lazy time at home!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you mole has gone. Think you Mum is right saying you should have the day off today as I had a similar procedure done a few years ago only mine was on the front of my shoulder and I did feel a bit dodgy the following day. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Leigh glad that mole has been removed ~ think you are sensible to take the day off school ~ Chocolate Ice cream and watching Friends sounds like the way to go ~ enjoy your day :o) ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Moles can be very dodgy, glad yours has gone.
A lazy day, chocolate ice cream and watching a DVD, sounds good to me.  Enjoy.
Have a great weekend Leigh.
Carolx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/carolelainedodd/a-quiet-life......i-wish/

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))I am glad that you got the mole removed.Sounds like a good idea to stay home,relaxing,eating ice cream and watching dvds.Have a good weekend.