Friday 1 February 2008

Another Week Over

Man, I am so glad January is finally over.  Last month just seemed to drag really slowly in my opinion.  That’s probably a good thing because we’ve all chilled out after Christmas.  Now that February is here, I feel that 2008 is well under way.

 

 

 

Remember all that work I had to complete last week?  Well, I managed to finish it all and I handed the folders into the teachers this morning.  The portfolios will all be assessed and then returned to me to make amendments.  Phew – I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  Actually, I can’t believe how worried I was over a little paper!

 

 

This weekend I intend to relax by watching T.V and reading.  I think I’ve deserved that privilege after what seems to have been a long week.  I am going to a party tomorrow night.  It’s Alice & Christine’s joint 19th Birthday party!  Woo hoo – I can’t wait to catch up with my friends, who I have not seen for a fortnight.

 

 

Last year, I applied for a U.K Cinema Exhibition Card.  The card will enable me to go to the cinema with a companion for free.  I go to the cinema regularly (once or twice a month) so it seemed a good idea at the time.  Only I didn’t realise that your companion went free, not the card holder.  It’s a bit unfair, isn’t it?

 

Life is unfair, should be used to it by now.  Have a good weekend.

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got all that work done.  I knew you could do it.  Enjoy the weekend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

a fortnight!  I love that the term is still in use!  Have a well deserved blast with your chums!

Hugs Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend and enjoy the party tommorrow night.

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Look at all your February grahpics...How pretty!   I think we all feel January is long and seems to drag out... I thinks it's because of the big let down after the holidays and then the weather is usually so awful.  The dark, cold, dreary days seem to get to all of us.  This February is one day longer however, because it's Leap Year. You know what that means?  That means that on Leap Day, Feb 29th a gal can ask a guy to marry her & he has to accept. So watch out !  Linda in Washington state

Anonymous said...

Thats a bit of a bad deal with the cinema tickets perhaps you could split up the price and each pay half. Enjoy you party. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

You deserve to relax and enjoy yourself Leigh.  Hope the party is good.

Anonymous said...

Leigh glad you managed to complete all the work you had to do ~ hope you get to have a nice relaxing weekend ~ and enjoy your party ~ that seems an odd arrangement that your companion gets to go free to the Cinema and you have to pay perhaps you could go half each towards the expense ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

So glad you finished the portfolios, now you can relax, certainly deserve it.  Yes, that "freebie" doesn't sound very free lol.  Life can be ridiculous at times but I'm still glad I can appreciate the irony.  Have fun at the party!!  CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/